Return of Luft 46

Started by Sisko, November 06, 2005, 02:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Well I've been away a lot this year but I have not been idle.

Recently I have been doing a few armour kits and Sc-fi kits but it is time I returned to my roots.

This is the Planet Henschel P87 which I started nearly 2 years ago. I stopped building this kit because it required a lot of work to bring it up to a level I was satisfied with. A couple of weeks ago I started dettailing the cockpit and the rest of it progressed really quickly.

The paint job is my first attempt at a squiggle camo job and while it was not easy I am happy with th overall result.

Enjoy

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sisko

This is pic two.

This will hopefully show the cockpit and the Vac form canopy. To say this three piece canopy was hard put in place was an under statement.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

cthulhu77

That is certainly worth the wait !!!!  Wow !

greg

lancer

Looking teriffic Sisko. The finished product should be a thjing of beauty.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ollie

Awesome paint job!

:o  :wub:  :cheers:  

AeroplaneDriver

Stunning!!

Beautiful aircraft and great paintjob :wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Jeffry Fontaine

That is a very interesting shape for a WWII-1946 aircraft.  Reminds me of some of the Rutan designs.  I wonder if he was inspired by that project?  

That camouflage scheme you have applied is also remarkable, very detailed and while the contrast between the two colors is not that extreme, it does break up the large surface area.  

Excellent work!
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

Looks nice! Slow and steady with the airbrush?  Question: did you move the plane or the airbrush to get your squiggles?

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Big_Daddy

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

You've got to be kidding!

I cannot BELIEVE that camo finish  (probably the reason why I can't produce one like that, either!).

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Richard/KeroJP4

Hi Sisko, Hi all,

Well, for your first attempt, this camo is really striking ! Looks perfect to me, wonder whether I'll ever get such a result !

Great great paint job, on a rarely seen post 45 luftwaffe project.

Very good ! Bravo !  :wub:

Richard