B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

Damn! I'm impressed. Just judging from this and your work on the prop, I'd say she's gonna come out the bollocks. Thanks for sharing, and keep posting those pics.

Jon

K5054NZ

Sorry to bring back any nasty memories Eddie, it's just I'm a fan of the lead penguin from "Madagascar". :lol: Great gatling gun!

cthulhu77

Holy gatling guns !  This just keeps on getting more and more impressive...the suspense is killing me !

g

Gary

I have to confess, at first I really didn't see this combination as being kinda, well, not great. But my lack of vision is clearly a handicap because as this thing comes together, it's simply awesome! I can't get over the "Russian look" of the thing. Very business like and dripping retro fusion design elements.
Simply fantastic.
Getting back into modeling

Eddie M.

QuoteI have to confess, at first I really didn't see this combination as being kinda, well, not great. But my lack of vision is clearly a handicap because as this thing comes together, it's simply awesome! I can't get over the "Russian look" of the thing. Very business like and dripping retro fusion design elements.
Simply fantastic.
Thank you everyone for the cool feed back. B)

Gary,
 Meow. ;) Sorry, I watch too much SpongeBob. Thanks for your positive comments. To be honest, I definately see the Russian influence, but it was not my intent. I just go with what I feel is functional. Okay, the inboard nacelle and its fairing is a Bear rip off, but the rest of it just happens. Even if I do rip off the Ruskies, they had some cool designs, right? :) It's all very hard to explain where the inspiration comes from, but I am trying to keep an older feel to it. Again, thanks for the kind words. When I get bogged down, I can always look to you guys to help me out and Zac to crack the whip. ;)  :lol: Here's what it would look like in the air and you can see the triple B. (Big donkey Bomb Bay :P )
     Eddie
Look behind you!

Captain Canada

Meow. ;) Sorry, I watch too much SpongeBob.
"excuse me, Sir ! But isn't this your wallet ? "

That episode where they try and teach Man-Ray to be good is classic !

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

CR! That thing is huge !  Even the lunar lander is trying to get out of the way, as Kiss stares in awe !!!!

Gonna be a super sweet plane.  Retrofuturisticfun !

cthulhu77

saw this while looking for something else, and thought of you, Eddie :

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles..._ruttan_b17.asp

K5054NZ

Perhaps the Bear was designed to counterract this beastie, a la F15 and MiG-25? What do you think, Eddie?

She looks great BTW. :wub:  :wub:  

K5054NZ

Actually, that reminds me, *WHIP CRACK* update please Mr Miller! :dum: (sorry, it's as close to a whip smilie as I can see)

Eddie M.

I kinda knew you'd be cracking that whip, so I started doing more work on the prop blades :) . I have to admit toworking on a E-2C as a "real" subject since last night. It's a 1:144. Since my Grandpa died Christmas Day and the funeral yesterday, I haven't had a lot of time behind the old bench. Hopefully I can hit the ground running here shortly. I am bound and determined to finish my Hornet/ Mirage and am very close.
    Eddie
Look behind you!

proditor

Dude...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Trust me, we'll wait.

My thoughts, prayers and condolences for your family.

K5054NZ

Yeah, I'm so sorry Ed, I forgot about Grandpa Miller.  :(

I can wait. However, when you're ready, I can;t wait to see it. And the backstory.

cthulhu77

Wow.  What a tough time.  Best wishes from Arizona.

greg

gooberliberation

Sorry about that, dude :(  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.