B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Lookin' good Eddie! I think SEA camo is South East Asian as in the kind used in Vietnam. Think of one of them big ol' Thunderchiefs and you'll get the picture. If I remember correctly, there were two different tones of green (dark and light), a tan and a dark brown involved. I'm sure someone with a more comprehensive knowledge will chime in.

Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

SEA camoflage is basically how you make any butt-ugly aircraft look good B)

Its basically..

Forest Green (FS 34079)

Medium Green (FS 34102)

Tan (FS 30219)

Camouflage Grey (FS 36622)  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Eddie M.

Ah, I do know SEA! I just didn't know the name. I took these at the Wings Over Houston and it looks like the same F-4. :D
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Sorry 'bout that, Eddie (yet another three-letter-acronym).   <_<

Zac, that shot of "Eddie's" Phantom is probably the best I've ever seen of an in-flight Phantom in SEA scheme: thank you!  :wub:

And, Goober, I'm going to take your word on those SEA FS colors and pick up some paint this weekend!

:)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

Thanks Baz - all I did was Google "phantom vietnam" and I think that was #7 or so.

Eddie - certainly looks like it! Wow, a privately-owned Phantom....cool!

Eddie M.

Just a small update to show that this one is still in production. While I wait for paint to dry on my FH-64, I decided to slather some more putty on the old girl. ;) This is the third go around with the putty and I keep finding little places it need more. The perfectionist modeler in me <_<  is trying to come out and I think I'm gonna have to shut it down and move on pretty soon. :) I had to take the pic outside because the fumes from the putty are pretty thick. :blink:  :wacko:  :party:  :cheers:  :lol: The cat is Tiger, sitting there... mocking me.... He said he could do a better job than that and he doesn't even have thumbs. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

anthonyp

QuoteEddie - certainly looks like it! Wow, a privately-owned Phantom....cool!
Actually, that's one of the QF-4's that the USAF painted up for Heritage Flights.

There are a few privately owned Phantoms around, one of which was an F-4D that came to Selfridge ANGB last year.  Here's some pics of it that I took:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

This plane gets around.  Here's a pic of it at the Edwards show from last year:

Phantom at Edwards

Eddie...  You know you got one o' them Japanese monsters from a Godzilla movie looking to knock your plane off the table, right?   :lol:

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Shasper

QuoteSorry to bring back any nasty memories Eddie, it's just I'm a fan of the lead penguin from "Madagascar"
"Dont give me excuses, give me results!"

:lol:

Looking good there Eddie! What about ARC LITE SEA camo?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

cthulhu77

Hmmm, the cat seems to have given up catnip in favor of the bondo fumes!

Shasper

If you guys want to see a putty job & a half, the look HERE

Shas B)

(well crapmedonkeys! the pics are gone!)

Oh well, here's one

- Bud S.

Shasper

More clearer, the nose and tail (along with ever effin joint) is putty, the nose having a 144th F-15 radome as a base, and the tail a 1/8 in. dowel.

Shas B)  
- Bud S.

Sisko

QuoteI had to take the pic outside because the fumes from the putty are pretty thick. :blink:  :wacko:  :party:  :cheers:  :lol: The cat is Tiger, sitting there... mocking me.... He said he could do a better job than that and he doesn't even have thumbs. :)
  Eddie

Coming along nicely Eddie looks like the putty job from hell though.

mmmm Cats, the universes way of saying you are not as important as you think you are!

I have two Russian Blue crosses and when people ask me if I have any children I always say I have two cats their like children. :blink:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

Eddie that's coming along wonderfully! I understand what you mean about shutting down the perfectionist inside. Sometimes you've got to or nothing will get finished. I think this bird will look beeter than you think when it's all complete!

I wonder if your cat thinks that red putty looks a little like raw meat!

Brian da Basher

P.S. Shas, that bomber of yours there really rocks! Love the camo!

Eddie M.

Shasper,
   That is one cool bird. More pix please!
       Eddie

Look behind you!

Shasper

Sorry thats the only one that survived the move (the rest were lost when Whiff moved off the now defunked Kithobbyist.com site {Anyone remember that? ^_^ }, along with alot of my old in progress pics. :( )

Shas B)  
- Bud S.