B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

nev

You are, as they say, "the man"  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

You make it look so easy, Eddie!

Fantastic!    :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Alright, I think I've got the engine config I like, now the bugger is going to be duplicating it on the starboard side. <_<  :)
 Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

That's really sweet Eddie...I love the concept and how it's all coming together. Just a small suggestion...to my eye that outer engine should be moved a little more inboard (kinda like on the actual B-17). However, it's your project and you da Boss. I'm enjoying your build and look forward to more pics of your progress.

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

QuoteThat's really sweet Eddie...I love the concept and how it's all coming together. Just a small suggestion...to my eye that outer engine should be moved a little more inboard (kinda like on the actual B-17). However, it's your project and you da Boss. I'm enjoying your build and look forward to more pics of your progress.

Brian da Basher
I had thought of that too (see the orginial six engine config), but I want to give it a bigger "feel" and am using the KC's engine attaching points as a reference. These engines are inboard of those points as well. Thanks for the suggestion. Keep throwing those out there, you might think of some thing I haven't. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

K5054NZ

Nuts. Nuts nuts nuts...
As in, "that's crazy". Terrific - I want to see it done. What about markings? You've said natural aluminum, but how about unit etc? Got a backstory yet?

Zac

retro_seventies

effin' YES!  :wub:

she's really coming together now eddie - like the rather "candid/bear" look of her back as you look down towards the tail... :wub:  :wub:

can just imagine a few of those with a couple of vulcans poking out of the side, circling over the jungle at 3am....marry xmas 1968 indeed.

wonder how a sunderland would look with a new set of flight surfaces (whaddya think ratty, think that would as tasty as i think it would?)

she's a beauty Eddie  :cheers:
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

lancer

Oh WOW!!!! That beauty is looking FANTASTIC, once again I am in awe of your kitbashing skills.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Eddie M.

QuoteNuts. Nuts nuts nuts...
As in, "that's crazy". Terrific - I want to see it done. What about markings? You've said natural aluminum, but how about unit etc? Got a backstory yet?

Zac
I want to say thank y'all for the very kind words on this build.  I really appreciate it. ^_^  :)  :D  :cheers:  :party:

As sad as it may seem, I'm going to try to use the decals that came with it, which means it might end up being the Memphis Bell 3. Who knows, if i can get up off my donkey and make a road trip to Austin, I'll pick up some good ones. :P  :lol: I'm probably the odd one out here in that I don't come up with back stories. I use what little imagination I have on the work itself. ;) My 4 yr old, Evan, wanted to say "Hello" to everyone and typed his name out. He's happy to see his name up in lights. B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Eddie, really like the way this is taking shape...very cool idea...once again I never would have considered a build like this but it looks so natural now that I see it.

Oh, and by the way Hi Evan!   :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

K5054NZ

Hey Evan! Are you gonna be a kitbasher like your pop? Hope so - your dad's a master of the whiffer!

elmayerle

From one Evan to another, "Howdy and welcome!'.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

Hey Evan ! Hey Eddie !

Eddie, you are the man ! You're so good, in fact, that it's starting to piss me off ! I can't believ how quickly this masterpiece is coming together. Are you planning on putting some spinners of the props ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

QuoteHey Evan ! Hey Eddie !

Eddie, you are the man ! You're so good, in fact, that it's starting to piss me off ! I can't believ how quickly this masterpiece is coming together. Are you planning on putting some spinners of the props ?
I hope it's a good pissed off. :P This build has been running thought my mind for quite a while before I actually started, so I kinda knew what I want. About 5% worth. :lol:  :lol: The rest just comes from me just listening to what wants to come out. :rolleyes:  :) Spinners are planned and that is going to be some real work finding the right piece for the shape I'm looking for, which is I dont know. ;) I'll probably find some old bombs and use the pointy end. We'll see.
    Eddie
Look behind you!