B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Fantastic stuff, Shas - way too cool!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

And Ed, great to see some progress on the old bird. "Old Cat", maybe? With navigator Patrick "Tiger" McMillerhan? :lol:

And sisko? I'm steali-, I mean, borrowing your cat comment for my sig. Cheers!

Sisko

And sisko? I'm steali-, I mean, borrowing your cat comment for my sig. Cheers!

No problem.

I've been meaning to ask who is the hot babe in your avatar?

The missus?

:cheers:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

K5054NZ

No...................I would say "I wish", but I'm very much in love with my Lana.......the chick in the pic is Catherine Zeta Jones.  ^_^  :wub:  

Eddie M.

Well, I've tried to get back to the reason why I work on so many projects at once. Do a little work on each to advance all of them in a timely fashion. :lol: So, I got the beast out and gave it another putty bath, this time on the wings. Lots of sanding and shaping to look forward to :ph34r: ;)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Eddie it's really good to see this one again. I was curious how it was coming along. I can't wait to see how this beautiful bird turns out!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Bondo city!  Nice to see another workinprogress pic of that beastie.  Now, to get out the sandpaper and watch a lot of movies, right?    

K5054NZ

PROGRESS AT LAST! So has hell finally frozen over? :P

JJ, Mr Miller. It's great to see the Edditeer or whatever she'll be called finally back on my screen. Awesome, can't wait for the day she's complete.

Now, if only I can organise internet access in ten years' time..... ;)  

Eddie M.

QuotePROGRESS AT LAST! So has hell finally frozen over? :P

JJ, Mr Miller. It's great to see the Edditeer or whatever she'll be called finally back on my screen. Awesome, can't wait for the day she's complete.

Now, if only I can organise internet access in ten years' time..... ;)
It was getting kinda cold, so I sanded on some plastic to stay warm. ;)  :lol:
I did ya one better. I got some primer on it to help find the last dingle berries left to fix. It was getting hard to see the airpalne with all that putty smeared about. :ph34r: All the props are finished. Still trying to decide on "shiny" or black for the blade color. Sorry if some of the spacing angles on the blades is a bit off. Them is done purily by eyeball. :P Now I wait for paint todry.....
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Oh man that Eddieteer/Eddiefortress is looking seriously wicked! Mr. Miller, I usually only get this kind of feeling around hot brunettes...this build does something to me.  :wub:

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

One thing to add. For those who spend a lot of time sanding <_< , I've found that the abrasive, flexible blocks used for drywall mud smoothing work very well, especially rounded surfaces and sharp corners. They come in various grits also. :)
    Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Ahhhh, it's like coming home to see this on the board again, Eddie.
Don't worry about how much time it takes.
The Cistine Chapel wasn't painted in a weekend, either.

This is definitely "Mondo-Modelling" you're doing, man!!!  About as far removed from out of the box as it gets!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteAhhhh, it's like coming home to see this on the board again, Eddie.
Don't worry about how much time it takes.
The Cistine Chapel wasn't painted in a weekend, either.

This is definitely "Mondo-Modelling" you're doing, man!!!  About as far removed from out of the box as it gets!

Thank you! ^_^  
Look behind you!

K5054NZ

Fantastic! It's awesome to see this bird in ONE SINGLE COLOUR!

BTW, what is that strange design on the notepad paper in the third prop pic? Are you hiding something from us, Eddie? :huh:  

B777LR

why dont you do it like a jet or a turbo prop, and paint it as s soviet bomber.

Eddie M.

QuoteFantastic! It's awesome to see this bird in ONE SINGLE COLOUR!

BTW, what is that strange design on the notepad paper in the third prop pic? Are you hiding something from us, Eddie? :huh:
That was the first drawing of what became this;

Doesn't look like my original rendition, does it. That is how everyone of my builds ends. Rarely does it end up as I planned :wacko: .
    Eddie
Look behind you!