B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Quotewhy dont you do it like a jet or a turbo prop, and paint it as s soviet bomber.
Because that's what you're expecting. ;) Right now, I'm leaning toward the B-50 scheme with the black bottom. Haven't decided what the top color is going to be, but it's got to be complimentary to the decals JHM sent me.  :)
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's what I'll be working with as far as the landing gear goes. I've kept the parts of the 'Fort gear, but have made a change in the nose gear. I've modified a Hornet nose gear just a bit. :)

This is what Zoe thinks of it, but what do cats know, right? ;)

On a side note, Walmart is got some more cheap models for sale. I got these for $20. :D

Look behind you!

SimonR

Looking forward to seeing your 'Bugkota' when you've bashed your two new purchases together!
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

lancer

So, are we going to see a bug with DC3 wings OR a DC3 with Bugs wings?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

QuoteSo, are we going to see a bug with DC3 wings OR a DC3 with Bugs wings?
it should be able to do both. Just like an KC135 fuselage with B17 wings, along with jet engines and B17 tail surfaces

Eddie M.

I guess I'm going to have go get one more of each because you guys came up with some pretty good ideas. I was buyin' em up just to have them for future use. I'm seriously thinking of making a firebomber out of the DC-3 so I can have two builds in the Firebirds GB over at FSM. thanks for the new ideas guys! B)
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

It's been a busy week. Work, accidents, fires, training. Stop the ride I want to get off.  ;)  :lol: I did manage to paint a little and slop some putty around.  I tell ya, puttin' that primer on this monster made every imperfection stand out like a loud fart in church( which my son did last Sunday and everyone thought I did it because he was sitting in my lap! :lol: ) You know the drill. If I may borrow some words from JHM, sand , putty, repeat. :) Move forward and never retreat!
    Eddie

Look behind you!

BlackOps

WOW!  I don't think it hit me just how big she's going to be until you posted this latest pic.  

Oh and remind me not to sit next to you in church  :P

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

B777LR

Eddie M.

Quotewhat scale, 1/48?
Yes, it is 1:48 scale. :) Or  at least the B-17 was. The KC-135 was 1:72 scale. By the looks of my work table, I'm going to have clean a large amount of crap off of it to work on this monster when I put the wings on. :wacko:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Love those daisy petal props !  This is going to be so unbelievably great...

Eddie M.

QuoteLove those daisy petal props !  This is going to be so unbelievably great...
Thanks! The wings are on for good this time. No more screwin' around ;) I can't tell y'all how much those drywall sanding blocks help in the sanding dept. One of many questions now is,do I try to fit some kind of wheel well detail in. I wasn't going to, but it looks a little bare in there. ^_^
   Eddie

Look behind you!

K5054NZ

:o They're on! Don't forget Ed, this mother's so big it's probably impossible to turn back now! Great stuff, it won't be too long til she's complete!

Brian da Basher

Eddie she's beautiful!  :wub: If she's not doing anything Saturday night, I'd like to...

Ahem. Anyway Eddie this one just looks soooo RIGHT! Especially those elongated inboard nacelles. If I were you, I'd do it gear-up and have it join the ceiling fleet. Love it!

Brian da Basher

B777LR

wow, progress pics, and she looks so gorgeous. Very nice.