B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Yes, Eddie YES!!! I see it! You, sir, are a total genius!!!

What an amazing wizzard bash! The homestretch is very exciting!

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Lookin' good Eddie, in the first pic I had to do a double take...I looked like you had wallpapered it  :lol:

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you again for everyone's kind words. B) Y'all are my inspiration to finish this one right, and not just slap it together to finish it, like I want to do. ;)  :lol: I guess I need to have something to show for my time since Nov.05 :ph34r:

A little rhinoplasty this morning. Added some detail and anti glare panel. :party:
   Eddie

Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Eddie. You sir, are an effing genius. That nose job looks brilliant(sorry Zac) and the camo fits it well. I'm on the edge of my desk chair waiting for the next installment. Thanks for keeping us posted along the way, and keep up the great work.

Jon

datguy

Breathtaking, Eddie.  The camo looks just right, and I love the reinforcing straps on the radome.  Grey instead of black for the radome and antiglare panel give a very modern look and will make your black props stand out even more.  

Jon's right.  Only Zac could say it better:  Brilliant!!!

DG

What is that wall-papery stuff you used for the large area masking?

Jeffry Fontaine

With all of that gray camouflage this model is just begging for VP squadron markings for a USN VP squadron.  Something that would perhaps perform in the role envisioned for the Martin Seamaster as a long range attack bomber for laying mines and bombing missions.  

Something to consider...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

QuoteWith all of that gray camouflage this model is just begging for VP squadron markings for a USN VP squadron.  Something that would perhaps perform in the role envisioned for the Martin Seamaster as a long range attack bomber for laying mines and bombing missions.  

Something to consider...
Now THAT is an idea! As the guys in the Guinness commerical say," Brilliant!" Zac too, of course. ;)

S.U.N. and datguy, you are much too kind. If you could see this thing up close, it's not that pretty <_< . I'm glad I can get as far as I need to hide the "imperfections" in the photos ;)  :lol:

datguy, I used a trash bag with a hole cut in the bottom. Stick the nose out of the hole and tape it. No worrys about overspray. I still work with rattle cans and there's lots of paint flying. <_<  :wacko:  ;)  

I put it back up on it's hook for the day( unless I dream something up later :P ) This is where I sit and look at from all angles and decide on the next course of action. That's right, no plans, just dreams :) Also, here's an added bonus. I actually dusted my one set of model shelves and respotted everything. Take a look before the next dust storm. :lol:
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

This is just nuts----NUTS I tellya!

And I mean that in the most awe-inspired Whiffery way.

Wow!

SimonR

Lookin' good, Eddie! And I know you won't disappoint the audience in coming up with something original for that cavernous bomb bay!  ;)  
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Big_Daddy

Wow I'm gone for months and your just now almost done with her?  :)  It looks great!

philp

So Eddie,
Who else puts models on your shelves?  I swear some of those look like aircraft I can recognize :D

Can't wait for you to finish this one up.  Hope those dreams work out for you.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Eddie M.

QuoteLookin' good, Eddie! And I know you won't disappoint the audience in coming up with something original for that cavernous bomb bay!  ;)
Believe it or not, the bomb bay was built around this weapon. I used a nuke from my B-58, sawed it up a bit and added an A-4 missile pod with fins. Not sure what to call it. Maybe DoomsdayII, Finger of God :ph34r:
    Eddie

and my homage to a movie...... :D
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Do believe he needs a cowboy hat, eh?   ^_^  

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies