B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Mr Miller this one belongs in the What-If Hall of Fame! I love everything about it! I'm especially fond of those early-W.W. II style U.S. markings you used. It just brings the whole thing together for me.
:wub:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Well if the wings would have been placed 1/8 of an inch further back it would have been perfect, I guess you'll just have to settle for one hell of a nice job instead  :lol:

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

QuoteWell if the wings would have been placed 1/8 of an inch further back it would have been perfect, I guess you'll just have to settle for one hell of a nice job instead  :lol:

Jeff G.
You noticed too, huh? ;)  :lol: Thanks everyone. :cheers:  Off to do the dullcoat. Me and dullcoat application don't get along so well :ph34r: Wish me luck. :P
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteMr Miller this one belongs in the What-If Hall of Fame! I love everything about it! I'm especially fond of those early-W.W. II style U.S. markings you used. It just brings the whole thing together for me.
:wub:
Brian da Basher
Thank you. I tried to mix the decals up as much as I could. The tail decals I put together to give it a retro 50's look. The tail number is the Memphis Belle (so the decal sheet says. ^_^ ) I made this the Dragon Lady II for more of a confusion factor. :) I also think the big star on the wing and body gives the impression of days past. :cheers:  
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Rollout is tomorrow. :D  It's done now, but the season finale of LOST is on tonight. You understand, don't you? ;)  :rolleyes:  :lol:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

lancer

QuoteRollout is tomorrow. :D  It's done now, but the season finale of LOST is on tonight. You understand, don't you? ;)  :rolleyes:  :lol:
   Eddie
Would that be the season 2 finale of lost??

The plane is absolutely beautiful. You have done a master work Eddie.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Eddie M.

QuoteRollout is tomorrow. :D  It's done now, but the season finale of LOST is on tonight. You understand, don't you? ;)  :rolleyes:  :lol:
    Eddie
Would that be the season 2 finale of lost??

The plane is absolutely beautiful. You have done a master work Eddie.
Season 2 of LOST is history. After 2 seasons, finally found out what brought down Oceanic Flt 815. Of course , they left me hangin' with more questioned than they answered. <_<  ;)  :lol:

Pix of the Grizzly (yep, that's the new name) later today. I'm enjoying my day off. :P  B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Rollout time is here. :party: Thanks for the help with the designation goes to datguy. Thank you folks for stickin' around long enough to see the finish! B) It's been a long, strange trip. ;)  The B-56B Grizzly ("The Griz") has now been excepted it to the What if arsenal waiting patiently for a mission......... :ph34r:  :ar:
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

The dreaded sunlight photos. <_<  ;)  :lol: Where all imperfections come to light. :lol:
   Eddie

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Possibly the best whif build ever. That is unbelievably believable...it will cause jmn's to hemmorage, modelers to smile, and probably put a lot of trophies on your wall. "wow" doesn't do it justice...

WOW.

RLBH

Go on, 300 replies!

Looks pretty d*mn good to me.

That tail gun could probably keep the 'plane up without help from the engines, if there were enough shells...

gooberliberation

THAT's the kind of build everyone wants to do, but few actually have the courage, skills, time, or materials to pull it off. Look up "whiff" in the dictionary, and you should see that as an illustration.

:cheers:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

datguy

Simply awesome, Eddie.

She's a massive undertaking, executed beautifully, and looks less like a what-if than a shoulda-been.

DG

John Howling Mouse

Truly "Sierra Hotel" my friend!

I love the way it takes over the whole frame whenever you try to take a close-up of it, just like a B-52 or other ginormous monster!

Way to go, man.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Mr Miller, words can't express how I feel about this wonderful Griz. Suffice to say, if it could cook, I'd marry it.  :wub:

Brian da Basher