B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

AMAZING!

Thank's Eddie for building it, and sharing it with us just f*****ng AMAZING

I love the way the wings join the fuselage at the back it's touches like that that make you the Modeller I want to be.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Tophe

:wub: Congratulations! Amazing!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Jeffry Fontaine

Eddie,

Looks good in all of the images!  Not sure why you were concerned about the sunlight images since that just makes it look that much better.  Show me a 1/1 scale aircraft that has no imperfections before you start worrying about what you see on your model.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

K5054NZ

Words can't express. My admiration for your work is completely, utterly, totally unexpressable in mere words.

ME LIKEY!!!!

Seriously Ed, what a fantastic job! WOW! AMAZING! FANTASTIC! COOL! FANTASTIC! BRILLIANT!

Fantastic Ed, truly fantastic. I want one. Fantastic.

Sisko

Well Eddie it has been quite a ride. all that I can say is that she looks a bueat and along with everybody else have to say that your work is very inspiring.

A conversion of the likes of this is daunting and to have the skill and patience to see it through is testimony to you as a modeler.

Well done. :cheers:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Eddie M.

I want to thank all of you for the uplifting words you've put down about this project. To recieve praises from people that I respect and look up to as modelers, it is truely humbling. ^_^  Now, There's a Hog in the bushes, and he's callin' my name ......... :ph34r:( Sorry, a bad rip off of Molly Hatchet, Gator Country. :P  :lol: ) I've got more pix to put up, but Chumbucket is down for maintence........... <_<
   Eddie
P.S. Here's some more pix. :)

Look behind you!

proditor

Sweet monkey jesus....

Eddie, you are a freakin' genius!  

:cheers:  

nev

Wow Eddie that kicks donkey  :wub:

Seeing it now, I can't help thinking that you could have done it all in NMF, with Red Stars and tried to pass it off as a Soviet prototype, given it a fictional designation.  I reckon you coulda fooled a lot of people that way, it just has that soviet look - you know, the way they just seem to bolt things together with no regard to aethetics.  Oh wait, that's what you did!  :lol:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Eddie M.

QuoteWow Eddie that kicks donkey  :wub:

Seeing it now, I can't help thinking that you could have done it all in NMF, with Red Stars and tried to pass it off as a Soviet prototype, given it a fictional designation.  I reckon you coulda fooled a lot of people that way, it just has that soviet look - you know, the way they just seem to bolt things together with no regard to aethetics.  Oh wait, that's what you did!  :lol:
She is a bit homely. You know the saying. She a 2 at 10 and a 10 at 2 ;)  :lol:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Your model but I disagree about it being in any way "homely."

Masculine, meaty, possibly menacing, sure, but there is not a line out of harmony on this big, bad bird, IMHO!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Masculine, meaty, menacing
That pretty much describes it !

Looks good. Did any adults catch you playing with it outside ?

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

QuoteYour model but I disagree about it being in any way "homely."

Masculine, meaty, possibly menacing, sure, but there is not a line out of harmony on this big, bad bird, IMHO!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Thanks for the support! What I meant was it's not B-58 sleek and stunning. Rather it's a meat and potatos mission grinder. I love the way it looks, like a bulldozer. More power! ;)  I still can't believe I'm done. Everytime I walk passed it, I stop and have a look. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Sisko

QuoteI still can't believe I'm done. Everytime I walk passed it, I stop and have a look. :)
  Eddie

I call that "new model syndrome"

Symptoms include

Distraction
Staring at new model for long periods of time
Continual moving of the model on the shelf to give it the best profile
Showing every new person to the house the new model
Desire not to model until the feeling of "finished" is gone. This is particularly prevalent on a kit that required a lot of sanding.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

cthulhu77

LOL. Agreed...my wife goes crazy when I keep on shoving her into the studio to take a look at "what's on the bench".
  But, if any kit ever deserved so many second glances, it would be yours, Eddie!

Eddie M.

QuoteI still can't believe I'm done. Everytime I walk passed it, I stop and have a look. :)
   Eddie

I call that "new model syndrome"

Symptoms include

Distraction
Staring at new model for long periods of time
Continual moving of the model on the shelf to give it the best profile
Showing every new person to the house the new model
Desire not to model until the feeling of "finished" is gone. This is particularly prevalent on a kit that required a lot of sanding.
So that's what it is. Thanks Sisko. ;)  :lol:  B) I do everyone one of those things on your list. You better copyright that term. It could be worth something if a big phamacuetical company pick up on it. :party:
    Eddie

Look behind you!