B-17/ KC-135 hybrid

Started by Eddie M., November 08, 2005, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

:o  :o  :o

Wow, that looks AMAZING Eddie, I especially love the nose, looks very Badger-esque  :wub:

I wanna see this bird in a patchy NMF finish  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Bryan H.

Beautiful work, Eddie!!   :wub:   :wub:   Have you considered putting more "modern" looking props on it.  Maybe, something like the C-130J's use with the conical spinners?  It definitely has a very Tupolev or Ilyushin look about it.  Again, great impressive work!

Do you have a backstory???  Maybe some Russian crew defected and flew to Alaska.  The USAF impounded the aircraft and was so impressed that Curtiss Lemay used a rarely invoked industrial mobilization law.  He ordered Ford to start producing copies (as to not interrupt Boeing, Douglas, etal. assembly lines)...

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

K5054NZ

Re props, have a look at the previous page and Eddie's first post on this page.

Eddie M.

After Zac made me feel like a slacker( ;)  :lol: ) I've started the tedious, blinding , extension of the prop blades. Thank goodness for my magnifying glasses. JHM, those glasses that were brought home to you are a real asset. :)
    Eddie

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Yikes.  That looks....tedious !  (but, boy-o-boy, is this plane gonna kick donkey)

Eddie M.

QuoteYikes.  That looks....tedious !  (but, boy-o-boy, is this plane gonna kick donkey)
Yes, you are correct, sir ^_^  Good thing I've got the day off to go Christmas shopping( read trip to the model store :D ) and some time to meld plastic and sand, sand, and more sanding. I'm what some would call a caveman builder. No real precision involved and doing these blades is forcing me to take my time and do it right. Isn't it a drag that it takes so much time to get a good looking model? :P  :lol:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's the finished product before painting. It only takes an hour or so per five blades. <_<  :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Yo! , Props to Eddie for doing such a great job    :rolleyes:   Sorry just couldn't resist!

Jeff G.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

K5054NZ

QuoteAfter Zac made me feel like a slacker( ;)  :lol: )
What? Me? NEVER!  :lol:

Oh, MAKING YOU feel like a slacker. Well, always! NUDGE!

Eddie M.

Just got back from the 1 hour ride to the closest hobby store and picked up a few goodies, but I must admit (in shame :( ) that I bought some pre cut styrene strips and some half round rod. I would usual make that stuff myself and now I feel lazy and useless. Okay, pity party is over ;)  :lol: . It is so nice to not have to worry about that crap now that I have it on hand. Tonight, I'm going to try and tighten up the grouping of barrels in my Gatling gun and finish the prop blades before I hit the rack. Tomorrow is half day Fri. and then , more model time. Especially since I'm supposed to be getting ready for family to come over for Christmas. :)
     Eddie  
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

G-Gaa Gah Ga-Ga  >>assorted, disgusting drooling and slurping sounds<<

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

Eddie! Progress report! :ph34r:  

Captain Canada

beauty...she's really coming along now !

And my head hurts just looking at all the work those props are.....you're one tough MF'er !

The front gear leg looks a little wimpy for such a big bird, tho.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie! Progress report! :ph34r:
Sir! Yes Sir! Oh, sorry, military training kicked in for a minute. ;)  :lol:  Here's the modified Gatling gun mounted in what used to be the twin 50cal. mount in the aft end of the 'Fort.

Capt. Canada, you are on to something that I've been in denial about for sometime. I'll deal with that bitch when the time comes. &lt;_&lt;  :P
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Nice Gat there Eddie! That'll keep the tail-gaters at bay! Reminds me of that scene from "By Dawn's Early Light":

"I GOT ONE! I GOT ONE!"

Brian da Basher