T

Guess what this is? (Pt 5)

Started by The Wooksta!, November 12, 2005, 08:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Just finished this one.  I'd painted it up and then lost interest in modelling for a while.  Now, with the decal sheet out and everyone else running around like headless chickens bemoaning that the Airfix kit isn't out, I'm sitting pretty with my own moulds (even if some of them are just about to give up the ghost and disintegrate) and still building like crazy (airbrushes permitting).

So, I present XS668 of 40 Sqn Royal Air Force, 1968.  I've deviated from the sheet scheme in two things:  
1: I've ignored the underwing serials (none of my RAF post war wifs have serials as I simply can't be bothered lining upp all the letters, etc.  Anyway, w/if the RAF never brought the underwing serals back?)

2: the white aerial bits in the scheme are black - my 6 Sqn machine in the same scheme is the same and I'd rather have consistencey across the range.  They might be wrong, but they are consistently wrong!

I've also added some extra bits and bobs - IFR probe, laser designator and underwing stores (drop tanks on the inners and 'winders on the outers - the pylons are my own castings whilst the tanks are from the Airfix Hunter, the Winders from the Revell one).

The Rat

Keep 'em coming Lee!  :wub:

QuoteThey might be wrong, but they are consistently wrong!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  A classic whiffer statement!  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gary

The cammo was so effective I didn't know there was an airplane there untill I spotted the wheels and looked up. :P

Seriously though, very nicely done chum!
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Looking good, Wooksta! How many TSR.2s you up to now ? 300 ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

QuoteBut probably not so I'll keep going.  

That's the spirit !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kurly

QuoteI'll keep going.
you can do it .....we know you can.

The Wooksta!

Ah, a salutary lesson on burnout.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic