Ekranoplan 727 progress

Started by The Rat, November 20, 2005, 05:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey B

ARGH!  That is bloody amazing!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

John Howling Mouse

Whew!  Glad to see this worked out so well.

Don't forget though, buy some Krylon sandable grey primer for next project's basecoat.  Just as an example, you would not believe how bad this looked before I covered it up with the Krylon:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

QuoteJust as an example, you would not believe how bad this looked before I covered it up with the Krylon:
:o  It looks like it was molded like that!  ;)  Krylon it is then.

Hey, do you think they'd pay us big bucks for a commercial?

"When the whiffers get busy, Krylon is their paint of choice!"  :D  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

K5054NZ

I'll do it if I get free samples! I need to find a local stockist with this miracle stuff (local = anywhere in NZ).

Nice stabs Bazza. Epic! :wub:

Any offers from the design bureaux yet Ratty Man? :P  

The Rat

QuoteAny offers from the design bureaux yet Ratty Man? :P
Not yet, but some of the captured ones have been purchased for a high speed service operating between Auckland and Sidney. There's a hangar and maintenance facility being built in Waitemata Harbour. Due to their less than stellar flying abilioties they have been renamed from 'Rayador' to 'Takahe'.  B)  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Well, outside of tweaking the back story a bit, it's done.

IT'S BLOODY WELL DONE!

Whew...  :rolleyes:

These are just some quick pictures, not the best quality. Tomorrow if the weather is good I'll take it outside for some better stuff, and those will appear on ARC during Silly Week. But I figured that you guys deserved first crack at the finished product.

Thanks for all your support and comments, this board and its members are THE BEST!  :cheers:  :party:

Decals are left over from a Hobbycraft 1/72nd F-86, still rather small even on a 1/144th plane, but hey, they wanted a kind of low-viz, okay?  ^_^  

Brian da Basher

Rat-man san that one's a real beaut and one of the most striking builds I've seen in a while! I'd have never thought to do that! My hat's off to you for your skill, creativity, and imagination.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

H o t
D a m n!!!!

Good for you!  What a comeback.

Here's hoping the weather complies so we can have some outdoor pics tomorrow (black is so hard to photo inside).

This is great!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

QuoteH o t
D a m n!!!!
Well there's a lot of you in there Barry, thanks to your Krylon suggestion!  :cheers:  

cthulhu77

Shock and Awe here in Arizona !  Superb, fantastic...wow !

anthonyp

That's one good looking freak plane/boat!!   :lol:

Great job!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

retro_seventies

abso-fecking-lutely hardCORE ratty...most inventive build that i've seen in like...EVER...and by all accounts a tremendous recovery too!

great model mate - LOVE IT!!!!!!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

SimonR

Great work. I particularly enjoyed the emotional honesty of the story as it unfolded with the various paint tribulations. A lesser man would have binned it. Best thing on here in 2005, in my opinion.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Nothing smart to say..... Just outstanding !

I H-G
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Gary

Staggering. Simply staggering!  
Getting back into modeling