T

Oldest swinger in town

Started by The Wooksta!, November 22, 2005, 12:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Deleted

retro_seventies

fine looking plane that man - i'm a sucker for anything VG (and obviously, anything british).

those kitech kits would be ideal for that - i picked up a stash of them a few months ago for a pittance from one of our toy shops just outside of austin - not much good, but some of the stores can be used elsewhere in a pinch, and ideal for hacking up.

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

noxioux

mmmmmm. . . tasty!

Are there suitable donor kits that are maybe a little different?  Maybe a Tornado, or (ahem) an Su-22 or other VG sources?  Just wondering. . .

For some sick reason I find myself contemplating the dynavector vacuform TSR.2 in 1/48. . .  Never touched one of those vac kits yet, but Wooksta and Spellbinder99 seem to be slowly giving me an itch I can't scratch :o  

cthulhu77

Didn't Phantoms have swing wings?????

retro_seventies

actually yes - the McAir suggestion for the tomcat's competition was a phantom with a high mounted vg wing...i think designated the f-4(v)s

i have one in a state of terrible neglect that i intend to finish one day, with tomcat wings, an f-4s, and lots of filler.... :ph34r:

i can send you the plans if you wish....

now stop baiting lee - you know he'll bite you.  :D  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

NARSES2

Nice TSR's Lee - especially the Chocolate one

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Ohhhhh it's a TSR2, I thought this thread was about DORK or NARSES or soul brother LANCE - Sorry my bad. Dispite my disappointment 'gotta say that the TSR2 looks just right with VG wings. Nice one Lee.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 09, 2008, 01:49:41 AM
Ohhhhh it's a TSR2, I thought this thread was about DORK or NARSES or soul brother LANCE - Sorry my bad. Dispite my disappointment 'gotta say that the TSR2 looks just right with VG wings. Nice one Lee.

Ian

Well at least I've still got my hair   :lol:

Can I say having seen this model many times in the flesh hat the photo dosn't do it full justice
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 09, 2008, 02:55:42 AM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 09, 2008, 01:49:41 AM

Ian

Well at least I've still got my hair   :lol:

Can I say having seen this model many times in the flesh hat the photo dosn't do it full justice

Hey, I've still got my hair as well. Well, at least some of it. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Not many Wooksta's pics seen here. Worth to wait indeed.
Outstandingly interesting model :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

BTW, did this project exist?

Carlos.
Will die without understanding this world.

elmayerle

Quote from: noxioux on November 22, 2005, 05:40:47 PM
mmmmmm. . . tasty!

Are there suitable donor kits that are maybe a little different?  Maybe a Tornado, or (ahem) an Su-22 or other VG sources?  Just wondering. . .

For some sick reason I find myself contemplating the dynavector vacuform TSR.2 in 1/48. . .  Never touched one of those vac kits yet, but Wooksta and Spellbinder99 seem to be slowly giving me an itch I can't scratch :o  

There's an older vacform in that scale (Contrail, ISTR) that would be more suitable material for whiffing, though I don't know if it's still available.  I can't remember if I have one, but if I do, I'd be tempted to do a Scalearama and use it as a starting place for a 1/72 four-engined replacement for the Vulcan using the same general lines as the TSR.2 (if I have one, though, it's in the remote southern stash and not immediately available).  Wasn't there some drawing and profile work done here on something like that?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

GTX

What about a fixed wing F-111 to sit alongside it?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tuck

Nickname..."The Penguin".

well...that's what it reminded me of....

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf