CF-106 is finished....finally !

Started by Captain Canada, November 30, 2005, 07:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

.....in Canberra, Toad opens a smooth pint of Newcastle Brown and takes a snap of his 'in progress'.

That thing just looked so good, Allan...I had to have one !

Anyway, she's gonna be camo with a checker 441 sqn. tail. I'm thinking of adding the wing tanks, as well as a centreline tank ( Canadair CF-106s had extra fuel in place of the missle bay on Air Div birds ) and sidewinders on outboard pylons. Or maybe bombs in place of the wing tanks. But 106's look so good with those underwing tanks.........

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AeroplaneDriver

That's very, very nice!

Model looks good too!! :cheers:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

anthonyp

Doesn't Rally have one that's almost done?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

gooberliberation

Is that a glass of brown tinted future for dipping? :lol:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Richard/KeroJP4

Hi

Ya know wot ? I just can't wait seeing her dressed within a maple leaf !!!

Great aircraft you're working on !

regards,

Richard

cthulhu77

Just don't get it mixed up with your wash glass !!  Good stuff, beer and model !

kurly

oh yah, i get it now,i help you lug drywall downstairs and you dont even offer me.......a look at your new build!

Jeffry Fontaine

Tood, I have to agree with you, the F-106 just does not look right without fuel tanks.  I would like to take this opportunity to suggest the possibility of you making some larger fuel tanks to strap on to the wings, maybe using the wing tanks from the F-105, or F-4 for instance.  You can also think seriously about the addition of a refueling boom for ATA refueling from a standard hose and drogue system.  If you are going to add an additional wing pylon for a Sidewinder, I think you should consider using the pylons that come with the F-16 for the AIM-9 as your starting point.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Captain Canada

Quoteoh yah, i get it now,i help you lug drywall downstairs and you dont even offer me.......a look at your new build!
That's 'cause you'll see it at work when I paint it, big dummy

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Quotethe possibility of you making some larger fuel tanks to strap on to the wings, maybe using the wing tanks from the F-105, or F-4 for instance.
I was thinking the same thing, JJ ! But my box of F-4 parts is buried somewhere.......

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

noxioux

If that's the 1/48 bird, I may have a pair of tanks from the Revellogram F-105.  Just maybe. . .

Jeffry Fontaine

I would recommend the F-105 tanks since they are almost the same overall shape, just that much larger so that the conical section at the rear would lend it self better to the application on the F-106 where ground clearance is a real issue especially when the aircraft rotates.  Of course it goes without saying that the fins on the F-105 tanks have got to go.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

I've got that same model and got it at Walmart for $11. There are about 5 left and I think I'm gonna go back and get a couple more. The one I have is going to be bashed with a F-15. I like your idea of the checkerboard. You could also hang some large anti-shipping missiles under the wings if you're looking for an alternate idea. :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Captain Canada

an anti-shipping bird would look nice, especially in marinefleiger colours !

I'd like to grab another one as well, to do an RCAF NORAD variant. The F-15 bash sounds promising..........

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

noxioux

Yeah, those kits were the donors for my still incomplete double-delta pipe dream.  Those W-M kits aren't anything fancy, but they're good cheap material for whiffing.  And the revellogram kits are nice and tough.  It's too bad the selection is so limited, but that just goes with the territory.

I do have a pair of the F-105 tanks.  Hell, they've even had the seams filled and sanded down, and a nice coat of matte black paint.  PM me if you want 'em.