CF-106 is finished....finally !

Started by Captain Canada, November 30, 2005, 07:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeisamonkey

Yo,

I wrote down in my model book (the book that I write down all my what if ideas at work) and I wanted to do one with a 20mm cannon pod strapped to the centerline. I was thinking SEA camo. But Canadian or Brit would look nice too.  But think about the Cannon... it would be niiiiiiiice.

Take care,

JoeW
Holy poo-poo I'm in the Army

Radish

Nice to hear from you Joe!!

Like the idea of the F-106.
A friend spotted one at telford, bought it, and started making it there and then. terrific. :rolleyes:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteAwesome!

That'll be just sweet when finished!

:wub:  :wub:
As will the model  :lol:

I H-G
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

K5054NZ

Picspicspicspics

John Howling Mouse

For a second, I wondered "what scale" but then I saw the good ol' beer glass for reference, thanks.

:P  :)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Hey, what's a few years, a move, about 200 other models started between friends ?

Anyway, this time for real. After losing this thing, then finding it, then losing the canopy, then losing the landing gear, then finding all the parts......I've decided to make her a 'flyer'. Just glued the gear doors shut, found a pilot, and am about to start painting her.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

Damn, Canadian pilots are nuts.  That's one helluva way to pilot an F-106.  So, you gonna model the reigns, or just make us imagine them from where he's sitting?   ;D

:cheers:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: anthonyp on January 04, 2009, 05:55:49 PM
Damn, Canadian pilots are nuts.  That's one helluva way to pilot an F-106.  So, you gonna model the reigns, or just make us imagine them from where he's sitting?   ;D

Ride 'em cowboy!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Hahaha....good one, Comrade ! It must be the water !

Gonna do a little more detail on the pilot and then pop him in there, and try and get some greay and black slapped on......

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sisko

It looks good!

I know what it is like to have heaps of unfinished kits laying around, some of my builds this year will have skipped many years.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Captain Canada

Thanks, Sisko ! That's exactly why I'm bashing this one up right now....clear up the oldies, the myriad of half-builts is driving me nuts !

Here's the third update for tonite-added the grey

And painted the wee flag on buddies arm

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

Has it really been 3 years?  Good Lord...

Good looking plane Todd - and as i'm reliably informed, everything looks good with maple leafs, right?
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

kitnut617

I've said it before, it's strange when you slap a camo on certain aircraft it changes the whole look to it, I was having problems identifying it Todd.  Very nice BTW  :thumbsup:

PS:  do I see next to it a glass of ------- WATER   :o
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Water, what are you doing drinking American Beer again, cap!?!?

You know, the gray/green really looks kinda cool on the bird.  Nice painting on the flag on his arm.

The cowboy is slowly moving closer to his saddle - he's gotta be from Alberta if he thinks he's going to ride a plane like that.  Too much beer, and time at the Stampede, now he thinks he's gonna ride himself a plane.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.