Have you ever bought a model,

Started by Glenn, November 30, 2005, 11:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I bought this P-38 from Airfix 'cause I, like Tophe like 'twin booms'. I had three ideas for this model, but which one to do first? Actually, I'm not saying, but the conversion took a week and you won't believe what the first one ended up?
Glenn

Brian da Basher

I can't wait to see what you came up with! The mystery is killing me!

Brian da Basher

Tophe

With the Lightning source and your genius imagination, Lyn, what will be the results? :P  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

retro_seventies

why am i thinking cylon raider???  :ph34r:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

AeroplaneDriver

I rarely buy a model knowing what it will end up as.  To me that is the great fun of whiffing, just waiting for that flash of inspiration that may come in the hobby shop, in the car, or even after construction has started.

Cant wait to see what you did with your P-38!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Rat

I'll be watching this with great interest. I have an old one that I was going to tear apart and redo, all sorts of weird possibilities there.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

I'm never sure what the models I buy are gonna turn out like...alot hinges on sobreity at time of said modeling !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leigh

Hmmmmm Blackout modelling. Come to the next morning, stagger to the bench holding head and go "Holy Crap I don't remember building THAT!" :(  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

K5054NZ

Glenn

As you can see, all I used were the wings, now I have a 'wingless' P-38 looking for Project #2

Glued the wings together, outside/inside, added spars and built the fuselage from E/green 1.75mm card. Then covered it with .75 card. The engines were made from E/green pipe, and the props came from a 1/144 B-24

I don't know if one can buy a model of one of these types of aircraft? I'll probably finish her in Canadian civil markings, pre war.

With the wingless model now, I'm looking through the hobbyshop for a longish 1/72 wing and a helo fuselage for #2
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Glen that is incredible! I am swooning!  :wub: Any chance we can see more pics? That idea of yours was a true masterstroke!

Brian da Basher

P.S. In 1/144 scale I was able to use a P-38 nose to convert a Heinkel 111 to the transport version. Of course, I couldn't stop there...had to add two more engines and use leftover rudders from a ME-110 for a triple-tail look.  

lancer

Quotewhy am i thinking cylon raider???  :ph34r:
'Cause you're a Battlestar Galactica geek, like me??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Now that loks a bit like some of the Junkers 1920/30's civil projects
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ollie

The Rat

QuoteI'm thinking of Burnelli...

:P
EXACTLY!  ;)  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr