Have you ever bought a model,

Started by Glenn, November 30, 2005, 11:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Project #2 may be great ^_^  while #1 is already much interesting :wub: . Could you tell us more? Is this a Burnelli UB-14 in a what-if angle, with P-38 like fins? Tell us more, please... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

K5054NZ

I like your work...that P-38/WHATEVER looks amazing! And the similarity to the pic Tophe found is unbelievable... :wacko:  

Glenn

Yes, I had a Burnelli in mind, love those ships! I just used a Burnelli shape and built the wings around it. (the tails were too big, well out of scale) I do have another shot of it, but at present, it's only undercoated after 7 days' work, and shelved 'till next time.
Glenn

Gary

That is so cool. It nevers ceases to amaze me how some people can look at something like a P-38 and see so much more.
Getting back into modeling

Glenn

The front view.
I found wings for project #2, from a Beaufighter. So far the wings are together, with the undercart section removed and attached to the modified booms. I removed the intakes along the booms and will add radials as powerplant. The two ideas are still there, I'll have a look on Tuesday, at the hobbyshop for 'the fuselage pod' which will work out what the project will be and what scale!
Glenn

Tophe

I love your #1, this is confirmed! :wub:  And I wait for your promising #2, with my heart beating loudly... :)  

Davey B

Tophe

QuoteBloody hell!
If this is the plane driving to Hell, I may buy a ticket... ;)  

John Howling Mouse

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding----that's your model?

Not a "real" plane?

Gagh!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Glenn

Project #2. As you can see, to the booms/tails and tailplane, I've now added the wing. Also, removed the intakes along the booms, as the engines I intend using will be radials.

Tails/booms and tailplane : P-38
Wings                             :Bristol Beaufighter
scale: ? (at this point, although it ended up 1/100sc.)

Glenn

Tophe

Interesting... Mysterious... What pod will be between the wings...? :)  

Tophe

You made me dream, dear Glenn... :D
see on the twin-tail topic http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...40&#entry106784
Thanks again ^_^  

Glenn

Adapted from the single engined F.25, this is the latest from Fokker. Built as a medium transport this aircraft will soon be part of the Dutch Airforce.

Name : Fokker F.26
Scale :1/100

Kits 'butchered' : P-38 (booms/tails/tailplane) Beaufighter (wings) Boeing Vertol 107 ( cut down fuselage blister) Engines : scratch built (E/green tube) Decals : Letraset.

Project #3, I'll buy another P-38, Wednesday.

Glenn

K5054NZ

That is awesome! Keep 'em comin, Glenn! :wub:  :wub:  

Tophe

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: This is fully confirmed, Glenn: you are a genius modeller... This is one of the cutiest twin-boomer I have ever seen. Doesn't it exist? Thanks to you, it does!