What-if Fokkers

Started by Hobbes, December 01, 2005, 01:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Over the years, Fokker has done several designs that ended up not being built. Some of them are listed on this page:

bottom right on this page

Examples:
F-24

F-26

F-29

Also on this site, not a what-if but very cool: a RNLAF F-27 doing a display routine

Aircav

Love the early Fokker tri-engined stuff  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

retro_seventies

i SAW that RNLAF f-27 do a display...i think it was 1990 at RAF St Mawgan, but can't be 100%, it might be 1989 - either way it was stunning, especially the feathered engine stuff  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Alvis 3.1

in the late 90's Early Aughties, Bombardier looked at purchasing Fokker, but it was too far gone financially for rescuing..or so they say! Frankly I think it was the amalgmated name-"Bom-Fokker"- that killed the deal....

Alvis 3.1

Btw..I LOVE that under-Engined passenger plane...I can't imagine it would ahve been particularly quiet!!!

Hobbes

Yeah, I remember that Bombardier deal. Fokker was $1B in the red (on a $0.5B annual turnover).
Still, it's a pity they're gone.

The F-26 wasn't that different in configuration from the Comet...

The Rat

QuoteFrankly I think it was the amalgmated name-"Bom-Fokker"- that killed the deal....

Alvis 3.1
Thanks a lot Alvis, now how does one get porridge off a keyboard.  <_<  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tophe

Thanks for the link: I think the Design 147 was not in my collection yet ( http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/Civil/...sign%20147.html ), and there is a whole explanation about the connection Diepen-Difoga 421 / F.25 Promotor, nice! :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]