chocks away,

Started by Glenn, December 10, 2005, 11:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

As you can see, I fixed up the rudders and tailplane and now is fully rigged! She doesn't look too bad, and once the wheels go on, then the crew, she'll be finished.

Glenn

The Rat

:o  :wub:

We are not worthy!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Glenn that's truly the work of a master! You've really got the CDL and the wood color down perfect! You achieve things I can only dream of.

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

That is incredibly! I am weeping tears of joy as we type! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Gary

Gee - Zuz that's nicely done!
Getting back into modeling

noxioux

That's a beauty.  My fingers and eyes burn and ache just looking at that rigging.

cthulhu77

Very nice...love that rigging!

Glenn

Well, all that's left now is 'the crew'! I've said it before, 'never throw anything away' you just don't know, when you'll need it.....................
The wheels were fron a set of two ITALERI WLA 45 motorcycles. The good thing about the WW2 Harley was that the brakes on the wheels are actually on the frame (the kit) so, when you take the spoked wheels, you don't get the brake on the wheel like the BMW and Zundapp bikes.
Glenn

Also, it's scale is now, 1/35, as the B was smaller that The Flyer.

Brian da Basher

Wow Glenn those wheels are perfect! This build is sooo incredible I'm sure you could gaslight folks into thinking it was an honest-to-goodness full-scale replica! You are a master of the craft!

Brian da Basher

P.S. You ought to consider posting pics of this build over on the Aerodrome site:
http://www.theaerodrome.com/ I have no doubts it would wow the socks off the folks over there.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Leigh

Amazing. I know who I'm going to for my rigging lessons.

And can you guys and you know who you are stop building so prolifically you're showing the rest of up. <_<  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

AeroplaneDriver

My oh my, what a lovely aeroplane...

Anyone can get plastic to look like metal or...well...plastic, but wood and cloth...just beautiful... :wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ollie

Amazing stuff!

:wub:  :)  

retro_seventies

beautiful work glenn - truly a joy to behold  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

BlackOps

WOW!  Very nice indeed :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.