Anyone noticed lately?

Started by nev, December 13, 2005, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Just gotta say, this year it seems the forum has just grown and grown and grown, and its becoming hard to keep track of all the posts with all the new folks.  But especially here in the picture post, we get a full page of new posts every day, a year or 2 ago that would take a week!  :lol:

But its not just that we've got so many new members, the quality of work round these parts is so damn high its unbelievable.

I'm not going to name names for fear of leaving people out, but welcome one and all, thanks for building all those great models and keep it up, seeing the quality of modelling (and inspired lunacy) on this forum makes me all warm and fuzzy inside  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

K5054NZ

^_^ My pleasure. ALTHOUGH I haven't even started my major whiffery here yet.

RNZAF Spitfire Mk.22 in Korea?

Yates Aviation Superhawk (Skyhawk replacement)?

SAAB F.1?

Best of all:
BAe Eagles of RNZAF's 9Sqn.

Who knows, to quote Tophe, "what models may come"?

B) Over the past months its been a real pleasure to be here. So many great modelers with such inspiring builds.

Wow. Thank you all. :cheers:

The Rat

Hey, working is easy when you're having fun!  :D  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

cthulhu77

Work?  There aren't any annoying clients...this is fun stuff!
   Hey, let's all have a big skaal for each other!  :cheers:

K5054NZ

Ollie

I'm sorry if I'm not posting much what-if, but since I can't get the markings I need, my projects are on the back burner.

But we are seeing some super dooper stuff here lately!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

K5054NZ

Can you tell me aboot some of those there projects, Ollie? Some CAF "black" a/c? B)

I'd still like to do Warplane Heritage's P-40H Kittiwake FB.2 "Spirit of Hamilton"..... :D  

K5054NZ

BTW, when I say the Eagles of 9sqn, I mean all seven of them.

Ollie

All matters concerning RCAF 2000 are hush-hush...

:ph34r:  

anthonyp

QuoteHey, working is easy when you're having fun!  :D
WHAT HE SAID!!!

(*scuffle noises*)

DA!!  What the Comrade said!!  I, Anatoly, say that it is always such GLORIOUS fun to build for the glory of the state!  It is my duty AND pleasure to help bring down the decadent West and further the plight of the Worker!  VODKA AND TUBES OF GLUE FOR ALL!!!!!

ZA RODINA!!!!

Comrade Captain Anatoly Josef Pakizorich, Naval Aviation Bureau

(*scuffle noise*)

How the hell does he get out, and who keeps encouraging him?!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

NARSES2

I'll second that Nev (especially the quality part) I had a weekend away and when I came back trying to catch up was almost impossible.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

There definately has been a great amount of whiffery pics posted here and I've been absolutely stunned at the builds I've seen. It's a constant inspiration to me.

Thanks guys!

Below is a pic of something I bashed out of the wings, tail and fuse from a  1/72 Glencoe Martin MB-1 and the engine from a 1/72 Williams Bros. Douglas World Cruiser. I call it the BC (Boeing Commercial). I was trying to bash a Fokker T-1 but missed.

Brian da Basher

P.S. I think I've contributed to the quantity a bit here...still working on the quality thing...could take me a while...  ;)

K5054NZ

You never know Brian....you're bound to get good one of these days  :P !