PT Boats, Fast Attack Craft, and Other Small Combatants GB

Started by cthulhu77, December 13, 2005, 06:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Having a PT in the stash, and the desire to build one sometime next year, early...I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a gb in regards to pt boats?

BlackOps

I'm still working on my Pirate version of my Vosper patrol boat...it's going to take me quite a while to complete so sure I'm game  :ar:

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

SinUnNombre

Yea, I'd be in. That PT-109/-117/-815 kit is part of my 1/72 modern pirate fleet. It also includes the Vosper(good little pirate ship there, eh BlackOps? B) ), and the German S-100. So, yea, I'd be game.

Jon

cthulhu77

If I blew 55 bucks on a detail kit for a ten dollar plastico, my wife would kill me.  I think the next few will be whifs, with the sole exception of a S-100 in the Danish service (after war) OOB build.  Do love those mosquito boats.  I guess if we get enough people, perhaps we can do one starting off at the beginning of the year or so.

Leigh

I've got the Revell S-boat that I want to build into a diorama but it's a huge project dunno if i could start that soon but if I can play along I will.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

cthulhu77

why don't we make it a real laid back operation?  maybe even six months or so...

John Howling Mouse

QuoteHaving a PT in the stash, and the desire to build one sometime next year, early...I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a gb in regards to pt boats?
Sure, but can I still turn mine into a tank?

:o  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

QuoteHaving a PT in the stash, and the desire to build one sometime next year, early...I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a gb in regards to pt boats?
Sure, but can I still turn mine into a tank?

:o
I don't know...can you ? :)

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

That may be a bit longer than I think the contest should run...is six months ok with allyaall ?

BlackOps

Six months is fine with me....of course I don't have 18 half finshed models sitting on my bench...hey wait, I don't even have a bench!   :blink:

I have two models "in progress" and one of them is my patrol boat so this works out well for me...unless of course I peek into another box.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

Hmmm. How does a start date of sometime around the first of the year, and an end date of...say, July sometime sound?

cthulhu77

Well, there seems to be enough basic interest for this one...small riverine/brown water craft style.
  I was hoping to base everything off of the 109 kit, since it is available everywhere...but we could open it to the chinamodel 815, the airfix offerings...hell, even the s-boots of revell if you want.
  Thoughts?

proditor

How about the skywave offering?

cthulhu77

Well, if it is a pt boat(s), it would fit in !

Perhaps a better title for the build might be:

Patrol Torpedo Boat

That way, as long as it works as a ptb, we are set ???