NOT another 109

Started by matrixone, December 16, 2005, 07:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is Humas 1/72 scale Me 209 V5, I built this model mostly OOB except for a different propeller and I added a drop tank. Decals are from my spares box.
I gave this model a ''patchwork'' style of paint job where the engine cowling, wings, fuselage, and tail unit were built by smaller sub-contracters who used whatever paint they had available to finish the parts and ship them to the aircraft assembly centers for final assembly and test flights. Aircraft built this way often had unusual camouflage color combinations.

My next model will be the Huma Me 309 with some changes made to it to make it a true ''what-if''.

Matrixone  

Brian da Basher

Wow Matrixone I really like that one a lot! Love the ducted engine and the differences in camo! That BW pic there makes it look like a historic artifact! At least enough to gaslight the JMNs! Excellent whif there and thanks for sharing the pics!

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Once again, you have shown us a beautiful piece of art. I am in awe of your modeling abilities. Bravo Zulu! Great job!
    Eddie
Look behind you!

K5054NZ

Love that b&w pic! I really seem to have a thing for Luft 46 at the mo!

Sisko

Always love your work matrixone :wub:

Thanks for sharing.

Always something to inspire.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Geoff_B

Ohh very nice, and yeap were fine with 209's and above  :D  

NARSES2

Only one problem with that stunner "Matrix" - I have one in the stash and now I know I can't do it justice, but one day I'll try - probably be Romanian

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

A quick note to all the new folk round here (and theres a lot of you).  Go search the picture post forum for all threads started by Matrixone and be prepared to be amazed....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

"jaw hits floor"
   Wow...that is stunning !  :cheers:

matrixone

Thanks everybody for the more than kind words!

This Huma Me 209 kit was a bit of a struggle to make, lots of filling and sanding needed to be done before I got around to the painting stage.
This is the first Huma kit that I have built so I don't know if this much putty work is normal for their products or not but I like how the finished model looks. I have a few more Huma kits in my stash ( the Ta 283 might be built soon) and want to build a few of them in 2006.

NARSES2,
It is not a bad kit at all but one problem I did have was some paint came off when I removed some masking tape during painting causing me to repaint part of the fuselage. I always wash my models before painting and never have any trouble with paint lifting off, also I use enamel paints which always work well and stick perfectly. I suspect Huma uses a really greasy mold release agent.

More 209 pics...

Matrixone

K5054NZ

Please, STOP, you're making me insecure!  :P Great work matrixone, awe-inspiring.

So pretty.... :wub:  :wub:  

matrixone

Thank you Zac!

Two more pics...

Matrixone

K5054NZ

That is spectacular, I just love the base and the backdrop. So scenic...nice work! Please, more models!

matrixone

Again thank you Zac,

My next model that will be finished soon will be the Huma 309, soon after that I expect my 1/72 scale DML Ta 152C to also be finished.
The next model after that will be the 1/32 scale Revell He 162 which is being built as a ''real'' a/c so it won't appear on this forum but I have other He 162 kits that will be given ''what-if'' camo and markings.

I take all my model pics outside and even if I had all my kits built and painted I would likely need a lot of time to photograph them while waiting for good weather.

Matrixone

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen