Scrambled Interceptor

Started by Eddie M., December 19, 2005, 07:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

After months of listening to all the wayward parts of builds from the past, present and future call out to me, I've finally done something with them. Since I'm in the final stages of finishing two aircraft, I feel the need to increase my work load by double :wacko: Here's what I've come up with. Hornet body,Eagle main wings reversed with Hornet elevon tips, Falcon main wing for vertical stabs, Hornet vert. stabs for elevons and the engine section of the renants of my F-104. This one is at the beginning of the production line, so any thing can change. I will say that I'm pretty happy with the general out line. If I can intergrate the 3rd engine better, it will really set it off. B)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

K5054NZ

:o Put canards on it. Now. DO IT!!!!

Cool stuff Eddie, but please finish the 135/17!

Ollie

Lookin' good Eddy!

I'd set the third engine as a jettisonable booster pack of some sort...

:wub:  :wub:  

The Rat

OMG, I just had a whiffgasm!  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Eddie M.

Quote:o Put canards on it. Now. DO IT!!!!

Canards might be a good addition. B) I'll have to test fit some soon.

I'm eager to finish my 17/135, but when all I do is stare at it for days at a time and have no motivation to work on it, I move on to something to cleanse the palate. ;)  Did you see how long I've been working on my Hornet/ Mirage? Since July. Sometimes it takes me a while. Of course, if you'd like to come up to Texas, Young Grasshopper, I could keep you busy with the putty, sand, repeat exercise.( wax on, wax off) :lol:  ;) I'll get it movin' soon. Maybe during my very short time off for Christmas. :)
   Eddie    
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteLookin' good Eddy!

I'd set the third engine as a jettisonable booster pack of some sort...

:wub:  :wub:
How about a big donkey JATO bottle? B)  :D
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Shasper

Drop that 3rd engine and she'll look sweet!

Or go w/ Oll's idea  <_<

Shas B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

SinUnNombre

Oh. My. God. I think I might need a tissue or two. And some help picking my jaw off the floor would be nice, too. That's amazing. I say just leave it like it is, fair the third engine in like you've got it, and put one of your crazy camo schemes, and she'll be perfect.

Jon

K5054NZ

Quote:o Put canards on it. Now. DO IT!!!!

Canards might be a good addition. B) I'll have to test fit some soon.

I'm eager to finish my 17/135, but when all I do is stare at it for days at a time and have no motivation to work on it, I move on to something to cleanse the palate. ;)  Did you see how long I've been working on my Hornet/ Mirage? Since July. Sometimes it takes me a while. Of course, if you'd like to come up to Texas, Young Grasshopper, I could keep you busy with the putty, sand, repeat exercise.( wax on, wax off) :lol:  ;) I'll get it movin' soon. Maybe during my very short time off for Christmas. :)
   Eddie
MIGHT be a good addition? MIGHT????  :o Since when are they NOT a good addition?

And I'll accept your offer...if you pay the travel...and a trip to Midland to vist the CAF...

Tophe

QuoteI'm pretty happy with the general out line.
You made me happy as well :wub:  :D  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Eddie M.

Thanks everyone! I'm excited that you're...excited. ;) Here's a photo of it without the 3rd engine to satisfy those who don't care for it, but I've found the answer! The intake to the T bird Falcon goes on nicely and now I've found my newest favorite jet of my making. I haven't felt this way since the F-4/18 and I'm totally jazzed! B)  :D  :ar:  :party:  :cheers:
    Eddie

Look behind you!

noxioux

smooooooooth.  It has a kind of Yukikaze feel to it.  Very cool. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

gooberliberation

:wub: I dont know what's better... seeing these things completed or seeing all the fully painted components theyre made out of!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Listen to me Eddie ;) : I was watching your hybrids and whifs since the begining, with the fire A-10 and those Navy F-16 (F-34 right?)... And THAT is the BEST hybrid I EVER saw!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

It just looks fabulous!!! And for my part: go with the 3rd engine!! It could be a ramjet or a statoreactor, something that allowed your jet beeing a stratospheric interceptor or even, why not, an hypersonic one!  :blink:

Moreover, I think that this plane is the most realistic you did... Even with this 3rd engine, there is something in it, in its lines, that sounds real. Like if everything (the aerodynamical lines, the internal fuel, the size of the plane, the ratio weight/thrust etc...) could be known just in looking the model!!

I repeat: it's the best looking hybrids ever!! ... And I really liked the old ones!! :dum:

Oh, I forgot: I don't think canards are a good idea with this plane... When I look it, I saw a fast interceptor, very powerful, not an aircraft designed to be very agile.
Maybe some little canards like on the Rafale A or the Su-47 could be done without breacking the lines of the plane, but I really think that big canards like on your Mirage/Hornet or on the Eurofighter Typhoon (that look great on both this aircraft, I admit) are not a good solution for this multi-hybrid fighter ;)

For me, it's just quite perfect  :cheers:
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

cthulhu77

Wow, and again, wow !  That is one cool looking frankenstein !!!