Scrambled Interceptor

Started by Eddie M., December 19, 2005, 07:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

Ok, with that F-16 scoop, keep the third engine.  That looks great!  

Looking forward to seeing this one done!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

proditor

Eddie, you're my hero.  Absolutely keep the third engine, it looks realy sharp with the new inlet.

Stellar piece of work man!   :cheers:

Shasper

I take it back, with that F-16 inlet that think ROCKS!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

lancer

This has gotta be your best one yet Eddie. Simply stunning, although I haveto admit, as soon as I saw it I was thinking Spectrum as in Capt. Scarlet. I'll be watching this one with intense interest.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

SimonR

I vote for the third engine and no canards.

Is it all glued together at this point? Or do you temporarily attach the components so you can move them around?
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

SebastianP

Wasn't I just looking at this thing in an anime? I could have sworn I saw this on Yukikaze... :-)

SP

AeroplaneDriver

Stunning design!!!

Did you give any thought to removing the F-18 horizontal stabilizer and moving the F-16 wing-vertical stabs outward and downward a little, kind of like the tail on the YF-23?  

Not that there is anything wrong with with the way it is now! :wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Brian da Basher

Woah Eddie that's incredible! Another masterpiece! Love the colors!

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

QuoteStunning design!!!

Did you give any thought to removing the F-18 horizontal stabilizer and moving the F-16 wing-vertical stabs outward and downward a little, kind of like the tail on the YF-23?  

Not that there is anything wrong with with the way it is now! :wub:
Thanks everyone for the kind praise of this latest endeavour.

Aero,
  I did think about it, but I've got this big beast that I canted the vertical stabs quite a bit. I'm trying desperately to come up with ideas that are decidedly different from my other hybirds on the shelf. That's why I added the elevons, hopefully to give the look of having maneuvourability(sp) with out the canards( Sorry Zac :( ).Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. B)

Simon R,
  Yes the parts are "tacked" right now so that I can take it apart to work on the sub assemblies.

Once again thanks for the positive feed back on this one. This one shoulds be called Oscar, because I used all the "trash" left over from other builds to do this one. ;)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

K5054NZ

Don;t worry Ed, I'll recover, I was just watching footage of Mirage 4000 and Rafale test flights! That F144 or whatever looks mean!

Eddie M.

QuoteDon;t worry Ed, I'll recover, I was just watching footage of Mirage 4000 and Rafale test flights! That F144 or whatever looks mean!
That one is the F-61F Archangel. It's a mix of a F-14/15. :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Heh heh heh, even more kitbashing, heh heh heh...

;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Dammit man! That is one fast looking jet...sleek and sexy :)  

I wasn't sure about the third engine but the F-16 intake is perfect.

You sure you don't work for Skunkworks?   ;)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Damn that's wicked!!! Love it love it love it!!!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

QuoteYou sure you don't work for Skunkworks?   ;)
If you do then put the good word in for me! Wait, no, another job wouldn't be that good an idea right now... :unsure: plus the commuting back and forth each day would be hell!