K

Real World alert!

Started by K5054NZ, December 20, 2005, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWell yeah, that's right! Ms K5054NZ thinks "he" is looking great. I'm working on a backstory for my Skyhawk replacement (DELTA CANAAAAAAARD!!!!!) at the mo but the netgun should be on within the hour.

Stay Tuned!
A "net-gun"???
You weren't kidding about this being a hunting helo, then!  I don't think I've ever seen anyone model a net gun in 1:72-----this outta be cool.

Hey, where's your Super Fury thread, anyhow?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

Well, Mr Howling Mouse, I NEVER kid when it comes to weaponry!
Here's the original (stretched for some reason):

And my scratched version (pretty much actual size, this pic):

Whaddya think? The orange cannister is two 1:144 F-14 undercarriage doors trimmed, the body of the gun from some thing and the struts from Airfix's 1:72 Super Etendard and Revell's 1:72 Bf109G-10 amongst others. I mixed the orange myself.

I still need the cargo hook from Hasegawa's UH-1H if someone has a spare. :D  

K5054NZ

And here's a Full-Color Action Shot:

This was taken at an airshow in 1986...well, I took a digicam pic of a grainy home video....

Ollie

Ah, yes, helos.  That's a fine looking one you got there.

There's a brand new EC 120 supposed to arrive at our airport tomorrow...  Tuesday I'm going on a recce run to bring back pictures of her.

:wub:  :)  

K5054NZ

My custom decals have arrived - will put them on today! HOO-RAH!

Ollie

No EC120 today, maybe Thursday (freezing rain tomorrow, yuck).

:(  

K5054NZ

Aw poor Ollie. We (as in the NZ aviating community, of which I am a mere observer  :( ) literally lost a Eurocopter before Xmas - disappeared for a couple of weeks, then it was found by a family-funded search. No survivors. Saw one in the flesh a coupla weeks back - nice sound!
Oh yeah, I'm going to post the finished chopper in a new thread. See you there!