S

Something for you Aussies....

Started by SinUnNombre, December 21, 2005, 10:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

Here's the prelim shots of my Airfix Skyraider.

Fueslage/wing progress and a little paint.

Close-up of painted engine, bomb, and interior.

Hoping to get a lot done on this over the next few days. More pics and progress to come later on in the day.

Jon

K5054NZ

SinUnNombre

I got the outer wing halves on(bloody fecking hard to keep straight), and all the wing pylons on, I'm waiting for some parts and paint to dry before I mess with it to take more pics. I'll have progress pics up in an hour or so.

Jon

SinUnNombre

Sorry I'm late putting up the pictures. I had to go to a friend's memorial service. Anyway, here she is with the outer wing and pylons installed:

Outer wings

And a shot of the pylons. The centerline pylon isn't installed yet(obviously).

Chunky little plane, eh? Yea, she's gonna be loaded to the hilt, the way a Spad oughta be! Also, I think I'm going to fill and redrill the inner gun holes. I think they would look better further down, more on the wing gap. And wait till you see the nifty little trick I'm doing for the gun barrels.

Jon

Brian da Basher

Loookin' good Jon! I'm enjoying seeing your progress so far and look forward to seeing more!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

QuoteSorry I'm late putting up the pictures. I had to go to a friend's memorial service.
Hey, pics can wait. So sorry for your loss  :( .

cthulhu77

Good heaven's ! That little monster is going to carry a LOT of ordinance! :wub:  

K5054NZ

It'll be fantastic to see this bird when she's all done. Any ideas for camo colours?

SinUnNombre

QuoteIt'll be fantastic to see this bird when she's all done. Any ideas for camo colours?
Yea, I think I've got it pegged. But I'm going to be keeping it a secret. Let's just say you haven't seen anything quite like it on a plane before......... ^_^

Jon

SinUnNombre

QuoteGood heaven's ! That little monster is going to carry a LOT of ordinance! :wub:
Yep, 12 68mike rockets, a 1000lb bomb, and 2 enormous drop tanks. Now, if Airfix had only made this kit with a box big enough to put the parts back in when the wings are installed..... <_<

Jon

Sisko

Here is an Idea

This is an outback camo job I did for my rafale
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

K5054NZ

QuoteIt'll be fantastic to see this bird when she's all done. Any ideas for camo colours?
Yea, I think I've got it pegged. But I'm going to be keeping it a secret. Let's just say you haven't seen anything quite like it on a plane before......... ^_^

Jon
Looking forward to it...I think  :ph34r:  

SinUnNombre

Jon
Looking forward to it...I think  :ph34r:
Oh, I think you will. If I had that line drawing done, you guys could see the scheme I came up with in all its glory. I'm gonna go work on that...

Jon

K5054NZ

Brian da Basher

Woah Sisko that's gotta be one of the neatest camo schemes I've seen! Excellent work! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Brian da Basher