Which one looks better?

56 Squadron Grey
17 (68%)
5   Squadron Camo
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Leigh

Torn between these two dunno which one to build
Thought a camouflage RAF Crusader would be a bit different as opposed to yet another grey F8

But the grey one is just sooooo sexy

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

K5054NZ

Grey all the way! Woop woop! :wub:  

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Of course if you were really brave, you'd go for the painted aluminium or NMF finish, blue spine and 92 Sqn markings.....

Me, I'm torn between a full-colour Italian AF version or a Marineflieger one with Kormorant missiles  :wub:  :wub:

Good luck, Leigh. I'll be starting mine when I finish my current Hunter.

I H-G
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

upnorth

Go grey I think.

The F-8 was born and bred air to air and the design screams it. Has the thought of hemp crossed your mind? It could work.

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

AeroplaneDriver

I like the grey one better, but with that cool black tail/spine it would look even better with a big 74 Sqn Tiger badge on the tail!

Cant wait to see this one done!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Radish

Grey looks nice.

I have a grey/green RAF Crusader, 92 Sqn, and can report that F-4 decals fit nicely, but forget about underwing serials!

:wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Where's the poll choice that says  " both "

As Captain, I order you to build both !

(please ! )

But that second grey Crusader is super sexy........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

Split it down tha middle, camo w/t black tail!

Shas B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Sentinel Chicken

Grey would look sharp on the Crusader, but have you thought about the No. 56 Squadron "Firebirds" colors on natural metal?

nev

I voted 5 squadron camo - but only if you do it with the big red 5 on the fin with the Maple Leaf in the loop  :wub:

Otherwise 56 NMF  :wub:

With the red/white check fin  :wub:  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Scooterman

Gotta go grey!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Leigh

Yeah it's funny I'm really leaning towards Grey which was my original idea, but I'm gonna do an OOB U.S.M.C. F-8 and a '70s F.A.A. one so I thought "oh no not another grey Crusader" so figured RAF camo. I think the black spine makes all the difference so it'll probably be 11 Squadron three tone grey and black as I have the decals for that but I do like the dash of colour with the 56 squadron roundels.

As for the NMF and checkerboard tail I've got theXtradecal set but I'm gonna use 'em on a Lightning.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWhere's the poll choice that says  " both "

(please ! )

Exactly!

Just do 'em both!  What scale were you going for?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Leigh

QuoteWhere's the poll choice that says  " both "

(please ! )

Exactly!

Just do 'em both!  What scale were you going for?
What else would I expect from the kings of doing twenty projects at a time.

I'd need to buy another one and am not buying anymore kits till I build alot of the fabulous ones I already have in my stash. But in answer to the question posed 1/72 and I've got decals for both.

Leigh's Models

Brian da Basher

Actually my first choice wasn't on the poll. How about a two or three-tone pink camo scheme? I'm sure Leigh would be all for it...especially if it's from the renowned "Twiglets" squadron.  ;)

Brian da Basher