Repository for Roundels and National Insignia

Started by Brian da Basher, December 30, 2005, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

One more just for laughs. The Weekend Warrior's Air Force.

Brian da Basher

ChuckAnderson

Hi Everyone!

This is for the Udmurtian Air Force.
(Their roundel is from their national emblem.)
(Maps provided!)

Chuck

anthonyp

I've got a couple:

The Conch Republic

The Federal Republic of Central America

The Esperanto Nation

Patagonia

Elbonia

Republic of French Louisiana

Republique du Quebec
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Mossie

Pricipality of Sealand, real place, just no Air Force (yet)!

My two favourite roundels of about a dozen I cooked up.  In a fit of madness, I sent those twelve roundels to the Sealand & got this reply from the Cheif of Bureau:

QuoteYour e-mail to us here in the Principality is acknowledged with thanks.

We note your roundel suggestions with interest and are grateful for your suggestions.  We do not as yet have one and will find your proposals most helpful.

Maybe they'll Knight me!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Two possibilities for a devolved UK, English Air Force:

Mossie

Two possibilities for Belize:

Belize has a Defence Force, but no Air Force or roundel.

bluesman

Cool ideas. I'll have to think up some stuff.

This gives me an idea...what about fictional aircraft and Defense Company logos?

Sentinel Chicken

QuoteCool ideas. I'll have to think up some stuff.

This gives me an idea...what about fictional aircraft and Defense Company logos?
Several years back when I did this profile of the Lockheed L-2000 SST, I figured they might call it Starliner II- the ultimate passenger jet paying homage to the ultimate passenger piston liner:

Note the aircraft logo in the upper left. I incorporated the silhoutte of the L-2000 into a modified Lockheed logo to create the Starliner II's logo.

BlackOps

Here's my Germanese roundel.

I'll have to do some digging to find some others, Feeling like crud today :ill: or I'd make some more. I will add some more as soon as I can, this is a great idea for a topic!  

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

bluesman

Where do you guys find your national emblems?

I have some good ones from USA, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Russia, the UK
and a few others, but is there a good source for decent jpgs or vector art of palces like Palistan, India, African countries and so on.

Thanks.

Mossie

Two I know of:

Roundels of the World, (or Cocardes du Monde Entier to give it's original French title) very comprehensive giving just about every nation you can think of (& some you don't!), as well as historical variations.
http://cocardes.monde.online.fr/v2html/en/...n/alphabet.html

There's also the Roundels page on Wikipedia, has a nice list, although the above site is much more comprehensive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundel

Maverick

Another good choice is http://www.simmerspaintshop.com in their 'downloads' section.  Great stuff and a doddle to sign up for & get.

Regards,

Mav

blue520

One rather good one for vector applications or applications that can read from vector graphics (like photoshop).
Vector Graphics for Scale Models
Form http://www.rc-network.de/