Repository for Roundels and National Insignia

Started by Brian da Basher, December 30, 2005, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytown2010

here are some roundels related to weaver's "Patchwork World" thread.
Northwest Republic:
Low-vis:
High-vis:

Carolina Republic:
Low-vis:
High-vis:

rallymodeller

I found a really good online server for finding FS colours: Colourserver. Type in the FS number and it gives you a chip. This is really useful if you have Firefox as a browser, because you can then use one of the coolest add-ons I have found for Firefox: ColorZilla colour matcher. The add-on gives you a little eyedropper at the bottom-left corner of your window; click the eyedropper and click on any pixel in the Firefox window and it will give you the colour hex code and RGB numbers for that pixel.

For the Canadian profilers: I present the Hedgehog Hollow RCAF/CAF and Canadian Army aircraft colour chips,, spcific colours for the Air Division (our European-based aircraft in the 1950s), the same deal for the RCN, Canadan Army Vehicles, and finally, ship colours.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Wyrmshadow

I think this would make a great roundel for Ancient Egypt.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

el borracho

Quote from: Brian da Basher on August 03, 2007, 12:19:59 PM
Ok I'll have a go.

First up, the Confederate States of America Air Force.

Brian da Basher

A little late on the reply but I came up with the same idea before seeing this. I figured that in the "what if" world, the CSA would still have historical ties to the USA and would probably have similar national insignia with reversed colors. I came up with a few more but I wasn't happy with them.

Here are some I came up with for The Republic of Cascadia, which is an actual secessionist group in the Pacific Northwest:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Devil_505

Part of my previously mentioned fanfic project includes a strange combination of fantasy and military technology.  Enter the Confederation of Mages.  The basic roundel is a recolored pentagram.

Logan Hartke

Anyone have the full Long Beach USN font?

Thanks in advance,

Logan

Arc3371

A roundel for the Japanese puppet Republic of the Philippines (an OTL state without an air force)

GTX

Two roundels (or sets thereof) from a huge back story I'm working on (and have been for ages - hopefully coming to a screen near you soon):

Second is a profile by Richard (aka Gekko_1) to support - note the special roundel he created for it.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

coops213

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I've found a fantastic resource for roundels is the Wikipedia page for the respective air force. The images are sharp and in very high resolution. Same deal for national flags.

Chris

coolusername

I had to do this one after watching a series of clips from the classic PC flight sim Strike Commander by Origins. The idea was suggested by my friend Talos.

So here ya go..Independent Alaskan Air Force  :wacko:

Wyrmshadow

I have a request for some cleaned Shark mouths.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

beowulf

dont know if this is a repost but i just stumbled on this place...might be useful

http://www.aircraft-insignia.com/index.htm
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder