OK...so not WIFF, not even an aircraft!!!

Started by viper29_ca, December 31, 2005, 08:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper29_ca

I know, I know, I will probably be shot and p*ssed on for this, but here is my latest build, its not a WIFF, its not even an aircraft, just a little real world building.

Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha XV 1000

All the chrome has been re-chromed with Alclad(highly recommended if you have never done it), little oil weathering on the engine and the front disc brakes to show off some detail. Multiple layers of future on the gauges and mirrors to give it that glassy look. All in all, I think it came out well, and as its a gift for a very good friend of mine, I am sure he will like it as well.

Sorry, pics are on my Fotki album, which is a free account and doesn't allow me to hot link pictures from the site, so you will have to go to my Fotki album to have a look....which is here:

Yamaha XV 1000

Enjoy!!!!
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

Gary

Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Vroom !

Nice plasti-chrome Harley ! Those Tamiya kits are sweet, eh ? I'm more into the sport bikes, mainly racers. It's nice to see them kit all types of bikes. I just wish they'd do some AMA race bikes, so I could build some from the Mighty Miguel. Like that VR 1000 Hog he rode back in the 90s.

I'm sure your friend will be delighted !

Thanks for sharing !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Nice bike there viper! Love the chrome work. I think you shoulda whiffed it with some Reggia Aeronautica markings though...
;)
Brian da Basher

kurly

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

viper29_ca

Thanks for the comments guys. The recipiant was very happy as well. He was a little peturbed that I had showed him its development through its builds, and that he picked out the colors for me, the whole time not knowing that I was building it for him.

Sneaky little bugger I am!!! Easiest way to keep a secret.....have it out in the open to the unsuspecting!!!!!
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com