Gloster What-If, Baby!

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 31, 2005, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

MwuhaHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

First (tease) pics of initial cuts.  Yes, the grey nacelle half is there because I botched one of the four from the "green" kit and had to scavenge from the grey kit.  1:48 AMT kit.  Wait til you see where this kit goes (Meteor fans will want to avert their gaze, though!).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

:wub: Meteor Whiffery By Baz. I'm lovin it - MOREMOREMORE!!!

The Rat

Quote(Meteor fans will want to avert their gaze, though!).
Not this one, I've always thought that there's plenty of whiffery available in that plane.

So whatcha doin', a 4 engined job?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Radish

Looking wonderful.

I'm contemplating a Meteor myself....well, two actually, but real:

a) Meteor F.3 of 74 Sqn at Lubeck, post-war
B) Meteor T7 of 611 Sqn on Summer Camp at sylt, N.Germany.

But whatiffery?......Meteor III of the USAAF?? :lol:

Will your Meteor thingy have a proper T-tail??

:D  :D  :D  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

Nope, no T-Tail on this one.
I've done a complete mock-up already tonight ("That model is more masking tape than plastic, twisted and evil...") but I'm not showing until all the components are put together and primered.  

Should be about Quarter 3 of 2007.

John Howling Mouse

I've been flying the taped up mock-up around the house tonight.

And it's gooooooooooooood.

Yeah, reeeeeeal gooooooooood...

You guys are gonna  :wub:   it (I hope!).

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

SimonR

Four engined Meatbox? The two engined types needed 250lb effort on the rudder pedals in asymmetric thrust conditions! Pilots converting to the four engined Meteor will need 200 hours of Stairmaster in the OCU.

Looking forward to this, it's going to be great!
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

The Rat

I have received the following directive from What If Central Command, Updates Division:

Please inform Mr. Barry Snell, aka John Howling Mouse, aka Baz, that for the duration of this project procrastination of any kind whatsoever will not be tolerated. This includes the posting of pictures of said project. Failure to comply with this directive may result in disciplinary action, up to and including withdrawal of beer privileges and the recruitment of Mrs. Snell, aka Mrs. Hitler, into a program of physical punishment.

We trust that this matter will be attended to in full accordance with What If Central Command orders.

Thank You.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

No, not Ms. Hitler!!!   :o  :unsure:  

K5054NZ

As junior recruit of Central Command I second that! B)  

nev

Ratty, I think Baz is one of those teetotal types....

And as for you Baz........well I know I won't be disapointed  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Just be careful when answering the door Mr Howling Mouse. Last night I was testfitting my current double crosskit project and I heard the crack of a whip and distinctly germanic accent:

VE HAV VAYS TO MAKE YOU VHIFFF!!!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

QuoteRatty, I think Baz is one of those teetotal types....
Me too! So non-alcoholic  :cheers:  for me!!

Captain Canada

QuoteI've been flying the taped up mock-up around the house tonight.

ata boy ! That's the most fun about building......my Sea King has had a dozen or so flights already, including deck landings !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?