Gloster What-If, Baby!

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 31, 2005, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

QuoteI have received the following directive from What If Central Command, Updates Division:

Ratman, you kill me....we gotta get together for a few beers, buddy !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Baz...interesting.....will have to send the spies out to Sherwood Park and peek in the windows to see what you're flying around
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

You guys would not believe how many times, out of sheer habit, I've nearly posted pics that would have totally given away the "what if" of this latest Gloster Meteor project!

Thanks to everyone for their input re: canopies on the Meteor.  Here is the end-result.  Plan was to update the canopy just a bit, without going to the F.8 version.

I wanted to retain that bubble which houses the rear-view mirror but remove some of the dated canopy framing (and because I can't afford to buy a Tamiya F.3 just for its canopy and won't wait until some after-market vac-formed one can arrive):

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

:o  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Baz I've fallen in love again!

Brian da Basher

Holy crap Mr Howling Mouse! I love what I see! At this point I'd give up a full bottle of my favorite bourbon to know what you're building here!

Between you and Wolfik and Eddie it's almost enough to make me Evil-Bay the stash and take up needlepoint. Or painting little wargaming figures (cubist-style, of course....you can take the man out of the whif but never the whif out of the man).

Brian da Basher

Ollie

Hey Barry, looking good, although I do suspect that this is just another half-start in the making.

Mouhahahahaha!

:P  

K5054NZ

Ollie

Aren't all of Barry's half-starts whiffs?

Hardly anything new here!

John Howling Mouse

QuoteHey Barry, looking good, although I do suspect that this is just another half-start in the making.

Mouhahahahaha!

:P
"Patience, mmm, yes, for the Jedi it is time to model, too."

wolfik

what a version will it be after completing?
the wings are very short... B)  

John Howling Mouse

Quotewhat a version will it be after completing?
the wings are very short... B)
[size=8]It's a secret. [/size]

But I can tell you this much: I've already completed the wings and they are very new!  

In fact, I believe I may have invented a completely new way of creating home-made wings.   At least it is new to me.  And much quicker.  Something that might make things a lot easier for many here who would like to create their own, original airfoil shapes.

I have taken about 50 in-progress pics of the build so far.

Pics to follow once I get the whole thing together and primered.  

Kind Regards,

Your newest protege from Canada,

Barry, Baz, JHM, etc.

;)

K5054NZ

Just finish it!

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P  

BlackOps

Very intriguing  :ph34r:  Now I'm very interested to see how you are going to attach these Gloster bits to your Kamov   :blink:    

I have heard about the wonderful abilities of future floorwax and even bought some but haven't tried it yet, but after seeing your results I am duly impressed! I would have never had the guts to sand a clear part like that before seing your pics!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Believe I can show you the aft cockpit deck without giving anything away.  Wait til this collage of junk is painted up!

John Howling Mouse

Using a Monogram pilot, the one with the clipboard in his left hand.  While I like that idea, I need him to have both arms available so was time for some surgery.

As comes with the F-106 kit:

With old clipboard arm removed and new left arm attached (don't ask from where):

"AHHH!  Captain!  The Entity...has got me...trapped in red plasma...looks like a feather boa on steroids...ack!"   (should never beam down wearing a red shirt, kid):