Gloster What-If, Baby!

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 31, 2005, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Y'know Baz, I shouldn't be amazed every time you post your stuff, but you continue to pump out such high quality stuff :)  I'm sat here at work gawping at your pics  :o  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Being the old AMT/Ertl kit, the interior details are sparse, to say the least.  

But, with some paint detailing, it's better than nuthin':

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

Whats with the face in pic 1? Looking good tho...and I thought putting a 4mm long fire extinguisher and seatbelts into my 1:72 Hughes 500 was tricky....

Brian da Basher

Ok Mr Howling Mouse, that detailing is soooo awesome it's piqued my interest to a fever pitch. I'd now give TWO fifths of my favorite bourbon to know what the master plan is for this one!

Brian da Basher

Ollie

Would you look at this cockpit detailing?

Oh my!

:o  :o  :o  :mellow:  

cthulhu77

Holy mother of christ in a sidecar...that is unbelievable.  :blink:   So, when you are done, this jet will fly, right?

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWhats with the face in pic 1? Looking good tho...and I thought putting a 4mm long fire extinguisher and seatbelts into my 1:72 Hughes 500 was tricky....
Thanks, Guys!
The face is something I put into all my models in some hidden place (fuselage interior or sandwiched b/w wing halves).  A little inside joke I started doing long ago...for my daughter, who thinks it's funny.

Back at work on the weekend, I hope.

Once I figure out how to fix a few other things, I should have a primer shot of the overall concept for you guys next week.

John Howling Mouse

Cockpit interior is done and mounted in place.
And, like all good British pilots, this aviator has brass balls.  Literally.  Some of the buckshot used for nose weight is made of little brass balls.  I just wanted you to know that...before I zipped the fuselage up.  Oh, and the big white box just aft of the cockpit?  Fridge for the Guinness!  He's on an overseas flight to Canada.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

That's some fantastic detail work Mr. Howling Mouse! I love the fridge too. This build only gets more intriguing as it progresses.

Brian da Basher

P.S. I figured out why you had to pose the pilot the way you did...he's hoisting a cold one to his lips!

John Howling Mouse

Thanks guys.
I forgot to show a view from the front:

Ollie

Wicked Barry, wicked workmanship in there!

:o  

K5054NZ

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

What more could I possibly say? Oh yeah -  :wub:  

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Putty-sand-repeat (groan),
etc.

<_<