:o  :o  :o  :o  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Now what a way to start the new year, great model and a hillarious story

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

John Howling Mouse

Whoa, what a shock!!  Love those additional views.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

AeroplaneDriver

Humorous backstory, a shade of plausibility, and a heckuva model!

Excellent whiffing to start the New Year Simon!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

mwf4nut

WOW!  I'm in love!  :wub:  :wub:

I really like how the engines are staggered.  Having them all lined up would be too brutish - this looks like finesse!

Mark
Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies simply because they become fashion.  G.K. Chesterton

Brian da Basher

That is just incredible! It took me a bit to notice the extra engines, and I think you really blended them in nicely! They look like they belong there! What a fantastic bird!

Brian da Basher

Hobbes

To: sales@Rosboronexport.ru
Subject: order #2566-0469876

Dear Dimitry,

What the hell were you thinking? We wanted four SPARES per aircraft included in the original delivery because we all know how reliable those Saturn Lyulkas are, not for you to weld an extra pair of engines onto each airframe!

CNO

To:CNO@navy.mil
Subject: Re: order #2566-0469876

Ah, Barry Jamesovitch,

a simple oversight. Let us not squabble over details. Besides, my engineers inform me that the four-engine arrangement improves survivability in the unlikely event one fails.
Tell you what: I'll send a new car for you along with the next shipment. A Zil, maybe. Think how envious your neighbours will be!

Na Zdarovje,
Dimitri Borisovich Kherov

CanisD

That arrangement just screams to be used on the SU-34.
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

SimonR

QuoteThat arrangement just screams to be used on the SU-34.
That was one of my original intentions, however I couldn't find an Su-34 option in 1/48. At one point I started laying out parts from a pair of 1/32 Trump Flankers to do this then I realised I wouldn't be able to fit the completed model through the door.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Scooterman

two words.......

FECK ME!!!!

Most sweet dude!

K5054NZ

Four engines, I love it! BTW Ms K5054NZ compliments you on your paintjob.

Eddie M.

QuoteAbsolutely incredible! B) I love it! :wub: All around great looking monster :D
I built a 4 engine plane and it looks like a tank with wings. Yours look sleek and maneuverable. BRAVO ZULU!!!
      Eddie
Eddie,

That's praise indeed, because I wasn't in the kit chopping business and didn't own a razor saw or putty until I was inspired by your F14/F15 hybrid. Thanks...
Thank you for being inspired to build such a kick donkey model B) . As it was said in the Bicentennial Man, One is glad to have been of service. :) It's very hard for me to tell where you joined these birds together. I'm in awe of that aircraft. :) Once again, excellent job!
      Eddie
Look behind you!

anthonyp

Holy frack!!  Great job!  Love the ongoing correspondence!   :lol:  :lol:

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

SimonR

QuoteThank you for being inspired to build such a kick donkey model B) . As it was said in the Bicentennial Man, One is glad to have been of service. :) It's very hard for me to tell where you joined these birds together. I'm in awe of that aircraft. :) Once again, excellent job!
       Eddie
Here's some in progress pictures to show how I did it...

Take 2 Academy 1/48 Flankers and a Dremel. They were just too big to cut up with a razor saw. It was about now I wished I'd done this in 1/72.

I had to cut alot of the upper surface of the outer pair of engines away as they have a surface that curves up.

Then I rebuilt the missing sections with plastic card. I had to put horizontal and vertical pieces in. This gave a pleasing F14 style 'kink' to the wing roots.

Masked and ready for painting. Just being examined by the QA Inspector.

15 days from start to finish!
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

BlackOps

Most Excellent!  :wub:

Very nice job of making it come together. Great story and great build!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.