USMC F/A-24A Helldiver II

Started by SimonR, December 31, 2005, 04:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Silly question maybe but what kind of tape is that for your masking?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

SimonR

QuoteSilly question maybe but what kind of tape is that for your masking?
It's long thin sausages of Blu-Tac (don't know what this is called where you live - it's like semi sticky crap you can use to put posters up without putting holes in the wall) to give the feathered edges. The tape in the middle is B&Q (British equivalent of Home Depot I guess. I live in Belgium but buy all my masking supplies on trips home.) own brand low tack masking tape. This tape very thin and easy to cut without disturbing the Blu-Tac sausages. Some of the edges are secured with 10mm Tamiya tape.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

F-32

Awesome!

Absolutely bloody brilliant :D  

Gary

I have to tell ya, I first scanned the pics and went, hey cool, a 27 in US livery. How nice, and I simply didn't clue in untill the shot of the back. The fecken thing looks so slick and right I simply thought it was an OOB build. What skill! It really looks right!
Great job mate!
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Wicked !

Didn't notice the four engines at first...pretty darn cool ! Love the way it looks from the top...that'd be one powerful beast !

And in order to save money, just buy the 400 dollar hammers instead of the 700 dollar ones.  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

wolfik

first now I was seeing the two engines....hmhmm....  :)
good good....

B777LR

what speed? if the two engines of a SU27 can make it go mach +2, then this must be able to do mach +4

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hum... The top speed is not a question of number of engine, it's more complicated...

For example, the twin engined Rafale is a Mach 1,8 plane, while the single engined Mirage 2000 was a Mach 2+ fighter!!
And it's not a question of maximal thrust too: Rafale has 15-18t thrust while the Mirage 2000 was only 9-10t !!

Another example, the A380 with 4 engine isn't twice faster than the B777...

It all depends of the plane's design, its weight, drag etc etc...
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Ollie

Whoa!

I just noticed this!

Awesome!

:D  :wub:  :wub:  

gunfighter

Sure it can get supercruise, that´s a matter of thrust to weight ratio or am I wrong?

Dork the kit slayer

Whats to say??.........just brilliant. :o  :o  :o  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Ollie

Supercruise is more a matter of aerodynamic cleaness.

The F-22 is not the first plane to supercruise, Concorde could do it, it used to cruise supersonically without the burners (only used for acceleration).

gunfighter

I think the MIG-31 Foxhound ( the real one) was supercruise capable, and so does the Typhoon.

AeroplaneDriver

Problem is that drag increases exponentially with speed, for example 2 x speed=4 x drag.  As drag increases, more thrust is required and so on...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PolluxDeltaSeven

That's right!

About the supercrusing planes, we have the Concorde, the Mirage IV, the Mirage 4000 (even able to supercruse few minutes with only one engine!), the Typhoon, the Rafale, the F-15, the Su-27 and maybe the Super Hornet?
All the example I said could supercruse with some external loads (most of time a couple or two of air-air missiles, sometimes external supersonic tanks)...

So, the F-22 wasn't the first one to do that... The amazing fact with the Raptor is that it could supercruise with a FULL load of weapons!! And it could do that for HOURS !!
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story