K

Zac gets a TSR.2!

Started by K5054NZ, January 01, 2006, 04:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Well this was a quick build, only a couple of hours. I'm not sure of the scale, I think 1:100.

I was inspired by the A&AEE example I saw in the TSR.2 SIG pics, so the only real choice for colour scheme HAD to be Raspberry Ripple. Plus it looks so damn good!

And finally, maybe you guys can guess the scale from this pic? I used one of my older builds for comparison.

So, whaddya think? Considering the fact I was working from memory, with no pictures or measurements to guide me? I like it, Ms K5054NZ likes it ( :party: ) and I'm pleased.

Brian da Basher

Zac that's a fine TSR-2 there. I love your choice of color scheme and how you even left a window for the pilot! Man building planes in Legos. That really takes me back. I used to build 4-engine bombers, using the hinge pieces for working bomb bays. How I wish I'd kept those Legos!

Brian da Basher

P.S. That Ms. K5054NZ sounds like a keeper!

The Rat

Nice job Zac, but, there behind you... gulp, is that some black silky undergarments I see?  :o

Or is it simply my wretched imagination running wild... again.  :huh:

:P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

K5054NZ

Silky undergarments? Why, no, of cousre not, *sound of silky things being hidden*.

And Bri - agreed on both counts. Lego=fun, Ms K5054NZ=keeper :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Nice one, Zac !

Legos are cool....I was building an FRC with the boy this afternoon....lotsa fun !

Now, put your toys away and clean your room !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

Waaay more aerodynamical than the real thing !  LOL...great job !
     To the rest of you: jeez guys, I mean, really...

g

K5054NZ

Yeah guys, grow up!

Hey, does anyone else have a girlfriend who flies your TSR.2 (and other models, including your 1:72 B-52) around the room making "VROOM" noises? Or am I alone here? B)  :P  

John Howling Mouse

QuoteYeah guys, grow up!

Hey, does anyone else have a girlfriend who flies your TSR.2 (and other models, including your 1:72 B-52) around the room making "VROOM" noises? Or am I alone here? B)  :P
Oh, that just plain hurts, Zac.  Are you serious?  Listen to me: do whatever it takes (and whenever it is required) in order to keep this young lady happy and loyal for as long as you both shall live!  You've hit Model-Geek Paydirt, man!   ;)

Ms. Hitler likes to slap me when I'm working on a model right next to her just out of spite.

Now, do another shot with the Lego TSR.2 but with Todd's patented "Elvis" pose!

No, better yet, get your better half to do the flying around the room with the model thing and post that!

THIS is the look I got just this afternoon for making the odd helicopter sound as I fly parts of my World's Ugliest Helo around our craft room.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Yup, that's all i get are looks...and the occasional "you're an idiot "  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

K5054NZ

Both of us are laughing our heads off here!

Don't worry, we're both very much in love (I'd like to put in infinite "wubs" here, but I don't think it's possible) and I'm not about to stop. EVER! SHE'S MINE! ALL MINE! MWAHAHAHA!!! :lol:  :lol:

Aw, poor Cap'n. SHE'S the one making noises. Well, not the only one. I mean, c'mon, when was the last time YOUR other half sat on your bed playing with your Monogram B-52?

"I should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky"

gooberliberation

Speaking of legos and britishness...

Thunderchild
Union Jac
Havlock Ipswich
Astrocorsa

"The Ministry of Space" a fan-created lego space faction that is basically RAF in space. Your TSR reminded me of those.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

John Howling Mouse

"Playing with his B-52?"

Seriously, this is the look I just got 30 seconds ago.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

gooberliberation

Quote"Playing with his B-52?"

Seriously, this is the look I just got 30 seconds ago.

:lol: !!!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

The Rat

QuoteI mean, c'mon, when was the last time YOUR other half sat on your bed playing with your Monogram B-52?
Mine doesn't even play with my BD-5.  <_<  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

K5054NZ

QuoteI mean, c'mon, when was the last time YOUR other half sat on your bed playing with your Monogram B-52?
Mine doesn't even play with my BD-5.  <_<
Oooooh! :lol:  :lol: I just KNEW there would be THOSE kind of comparisons if I just said B-52.

Oh, I should have put "one of my parent's joint builds" instead.