Trawler Update-2019 lol Adding Flikr pics

Started by Captain Canada, January 03, 2006, 04:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey !

Thought I'd share a few pics before everything is covered in grey and hard to see.....

Here's the RCNVR ship Arctic Corsair, a converted trawler for patrolling the high seas. I noticed afterwards that the deck must be reinforced, or my wee SHAR would burn the boards right off ! This view shows the landing and take off sledge. A/C are recovered using the beartrap, where a cbale is lowered to the deck,a nd then the a/c is pulled into an airbag/ cradle. The sledge is also used to catapault the bird off the deck. It's raised hydraulically.

The other two rails are coming from the weapons bay, the covered part of the bow.

arccor by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Here are the wee weapons trolleys, that run along the rails to and from the weapons bay to the a/c.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Here's my little HIAB crane, that also runs on rails down the stbd. side of the ship. It's used to launch and recover the FRC ( of which I hope to scratchbuild tonite ) as well as move the SHAR, as accidents do happen !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Go, Cap'n Go!
I don't understand anything you just said (I know zero about naval subjects) but I know quality scratchbuilding when I see it)!!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

I understood "SHAR" and "trawler", which to me means "awesome whif"! Can't wait to see the Arctic Corsair complete! Wicked!

The Rat

She floats my boat Toad!  ;)

Quote(I know zero about naval subjects)

Okay, the sharp, pointy end is the bow, the toilets are 'heads', and they have nothing to do with the poop deck.  :huh:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kurly

QuoteHere's my little HIAB crane, that also runs on rails down the stbd. side of the ship. It's used to launch and recover the FRC ( of which I hope to scratchbuild tonite ) as well as move the SHAR, as accidents do happen !

bring it in to work tomorrow and we'll see if we can articulate the hiab system. something to do. but the davit system looks cool too.

Gary

Didn't someone mention they were in a funk? ^_^  
Getting back into modeling

lancer

Christ Toad, that trawler is bloody superb. I am seriously impressed.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

Whoa!  Having built that dog of a kit a few times, I am totally amazed with what you have done...this is going to be an awesome build !!!!  

greg

Brian da Basher

That's great work there Cap'n! And this from a cowardly landlubber! I'm really glad to see you've risen out of your modeller's funk and I can'tm wait to see how this one turns out!

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Yes, the funk is officially over ! And we finally found the house we're building....a bungalow, with a giant basement for a hobby room !

:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words, boys ! It's actually pretty easy stuff...just cut, glue, and paint !

:)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Here's my little FRC to replace the wooden dory that comes with the boat. It's a life boat from a 350th scale Tirpitz, cut up and added a windshield and rolled puddy to simulate the pontoon part.

frc by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

another pic of the Arctic Corsair, showing the new 'hangar' door and blast protected windows, only a few of which are open as the SHAR is about to blast off.

Notice also the fuel tank and Sea Eagle on the trolleys, so we can arm our bird in even the roughest of seas....

plaidshippop by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Wow this one just keeps getting better and better!

Brian da Basher