Main Menu

the D VIII

Started by Glenn, January 03, 2006, 11:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

As you can see, I'm back with the Vernon 1/19th scale Fokker D VIII. This time, the tail and tailplane have been done. This includes the struts, and horns. These were made from 2mm Evergreen (tail/tailplane) and am painting her as the box art from the Roden model.
My mum said 'why paint it in Lozenge, and then do the tail in stripes, doesn't make sense?' But it does make it colourfull!
Glenn

nev

Is that lozenge hand painted?  :unsure:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Damm Glenn, that's looking very good. WW1 German aircraft were certainly colourful.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Brian da Basher

Holy cow Glenn another masterpiece in the making! Love the lozenge...wish I had the skill and patience to do it as well as you!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Boy, that is going to be stunning...very, very great paint job !
             greg

K5054NZ

WOW  :wub:  :wub: You must have more pics of this! PLEASE!!!

Glenn

The undersides, showing struts and tail bumper.
And yes, the Lozenge is hand painted. I put the Roden decal sheet in the scanner and viewed it at 3 times the size. and using tracing paper, drew the coloured shapes until I had one complete patern, then duplicated the image over the model.
Easy, but a lot of hard work. One side took two days.
Glenn

cthulhu77

:cheers:   that looks soooooooo right !