5 (17.2%)
Plain ole recon
0 (0%)
Something else
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 29

K5054NZ

Well, at this point she is "SR-42".

I would just like some help from youse guys about what role she should have. And paintjob - I'm thinking CIA silver over black. This is an interim project til Howard of Effingham has sent his Eurofighter components for me ( :cheers: ).

BTW anyone got some spare Star and Bars and USAF titling? cheers.

Eddie M.

S-12 near space satellite killer. :)
     Eddie
Look behind you!

Sisko

I am thinking along Eddie's line of some sort of aerospace fighter. Beef up the engine pods add some rocket boosters and some furturistic laser weaponry.

:P  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Captain Canada

I like that satelitle killer idea....I was gonna say bomber or intercept, but with the short fuselage, where'd the bombs go ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Looks so nimble now.  I choose "Interceptor."

Mmmmm, maybe even an ICBM hunter.
Don't care if it's not currently possible, either.  Just like the concept, like the 21st Century version of the old Meteors chasing down V-1 Buzz-Bombs and flipping them off-course with the tip of their wing...

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

The fuse is now back together, I need to do some putty-sand...great fun, huh? HOWEVER it is on hold as I am attacking the deerhunting chopper with great fervor and tidying her up before her special clothes come from the States.

More Ideas please!

elmayerle

Modify the exhausts with aerospike center bodies for when she transitions to pure rocket mode for the exo-atmospheric intercept.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

K5054NZ

Luckily I've read the excellent "black projects" book X-Planes, otherwise I'd have no clue as to what the hell an aerospike engine was. Will consider it!

Correction  - will do!

Brian da Basher

I voted for "something else". What I'd do is seperate the wings into two pieces and glue props on the ends of the pointy bits of the engines. Then I'd use leftover sprue for struts and turn the whole thing into a delta-winged biplane airliner!

Brian da Basher

P.S. Don't forget the rigging!

P.P.S. Please keep us posted...no matter what you decide it's gonna be interesting!

K5054NZ

Bipe......um.......yeah.....

ANYWAY, of course I'll keep you posted. Currently I'm working at fitting a MiG-29 wing onto an F/A-18 as its new vertical fin ;) , as well as steadily progressing with the deer chopper :wub: . Don't feel up to putty-sand at the mo though.

SinUnNombre

Well, I say put the thrust vectoring vanes off of an F-22, just cuz they'd look badass. I'd also move the vert. stabs to the outside of the engines and lean them outside. Then maybe extend the nose forward of the cockpit just a hair using and piece of the fuselage cut. Radar and such, ya know. Internal weapons bay with some Phoenixes and Genies for anti-satellite duty. All-over black heat tiling. Small but still full-colored USAF roundels. Damnit, another project for the bench.....

Jon

K5054NZ

Damn you Jon! Now that I've carefully gas-axed the fuse and glued it together you just HAD to come up with a great idea like that! Well, my Snap Tite F22 can say goodbye to its cans and the fins will be moved....got some spare weapons I could use by any chance?

Ollie

AeroplaneDriver

Love it Zac!

I vote for Interceptor too.  Is it 1/72?  If so I can ship off some spare missiles and some full color SR-71 decals if you need them.

Nick
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

K5054NZ

Yes Nick - Italeri's 1:72! It came with the D-21 "Tagboard" drone....wherever that went....I'll PM you my address.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!