What if the A-5 stayed on as an attack bomber?

Started by Sentinel Chicken, January 05, 2006, 09:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

anthonyp

Holy wow!!   :wub:  :wub:

It's hard to beleive that's a 1/144 scale Arii kit!  Very nice!!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

K5054NZ

Wow. I can't say more, there just aren't enough words.

:wub:  :wub:  

John Howling Mouse

What kind of a person can detail pitot tubes, antennae, etc. in 1:144 scale????

Unbelievable!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

elmayerle

Re-engine with PW1120's, as the Israeli's tested on an F-4 and used on the Lavi.  Same envelope as the J79 but with more thrust (20,000-lbt. in burner) and better fuel economy for having some by-pass flow.  I'd keep the canoe and place ECM gear there - according to the cutaway in a recent Air International that was an option for one of the stations on the RA-5C.

In 1/144 the PW1120 nozzles should be easy enough to do.  Cut a pair of F-15 or F-16 nozzles each where the diameter matches the Largest part of the J79 nozzle and mount to the straight portion of the J79 nozzle after trimming it.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Sentinel Chicken

QuoteWhat kind of a person can detail pitot tubes, antennae, etc. in 1:144 scale????

Unbelievable!
Someone who has 20/400 vision, glasses as thick as Coke bottle bottoms, and horrible astigmatism. Somedays, I can even see the curvature of the Earth.......

Brian da Basher

Chicken that's gotta be the most awesome A-5 I've ever seen! I love everything you've done, but being a non-cockpit-detailer myself, your dullcoat on the canopy is the bees knees! You should be justly proud of this one!

Brian da Basher

Julhelm

That's bloody brilliant mate!

I thought I was the only one to have stuck bombs on my vigis until I saw this. Thanks. Now I know what to do with the next one I buy, Vigi being my favourite aircraft of all time.

(I'd post pics of my strike vigi, but unfortunately I only have a crappy webcam :()
On the bench:

Post-apocalyptic Beaufighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Deino

Truely amazing  :o  .... exactly what I have in mind with my Trumperter Vigi in 1/72  !!!   :wub:

Thanks a lot, Cheers ....  :cheers:

Deino  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Mike Wren

superb stuff! and it looks just right in low viz greys  :wub:  

Radish

Gives ideas, eh, for the blasted TSR2 when it comes...... ^_^  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gary

Getting back into modeling

SebastianP

No fair! I was going to do this (in 1/72), but now you've gone and done it way better than I could.... Booo!

Seriously, where's my jawdrop smiley when I need it? This thing looks way past awesome, and I wish I had the skills to match it...

SP

cthulhu77

You know, I don't really care for jets too much...but that s.o.b. is one hell of a great looking aircraft.  Wow, that is a fantastic job!