2 (9.5%)
Ground attack
2 (9.5%)
Other
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 17

K5054NZ

G'day all
Well she started out as Italeri's 1:72 F/A-18E (I think) Super Hornet, but I decided to copy the Hornetski (copy of a copy?)....the idea fell through as MiG-29 wings are much smaller than a Hornet's....

Which got me thinking....who said it needed to be a wing? Why not get rid of those ugly twin canted fins and replace 'em with a single big one?

Question answered.

The fin came from Italeri's MiG-29 Fulcrum....unsure of subtype, but single seater. THAT airframe is now stripped of all appendages but the right horiz stab, so I'll do it up as some sort of scrapyard thing.

Geoff_B

The F-18G Growler is just entering service with the USN as the Prowler replacemant Zac so you'll need to go further down the alphabet for a suitavle letter.

As for the single fin variant, try F-18L and revise the U/C, remover the wing fold lines and make it a land based variant, possible even a Wild Weasel.

G

PolluxDeltaSeven

Well Zac!! It's strange to see a Hornet like that, but not as strange as a real Tornado!!  :P

I vote for Wild Weasel of course!! And I think a land based version could be a good idea to replace the EF-111... And if you erase the fold lines, as Thorvic said, you could have a cuople of missile's pylons ;)

Your idea with the srcatched tail sounds good to me... I thing that the Mig's wing only needs some scratch to looks like a tailplan: some antennas, maybe a big hump at the top (like on the Rafale or the EA-6, or even EF-111), and maybe a little air-intake at the base of the tail, like on the Tornado, Typhoon and Rafale A.

If you go for a land based version, a new landing gear could be done, with this one of the F-15 or the F-111 I think.
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Ollie

Keep the two fins, and add a belly tank to make the plane a proper firebomber!

:wub:  

Tophe

QuoteKeep the two fins, and add a belly tank to make the plane a proper firebomber!
:wub:
I approve the firebomber idea, but I approve the single fin, as more different F-18...  :D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

add loads and loads of dumb bombs...do her up as a linebacker type as the 'war' in Iraq gets more and more desperate ( or was that 'ridiculous' ? )
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

K5054NZ

F/A-18L it is - thanks for pointing that out Geoff - and Wild Weasel was in my head from the outset. I have a Hasegawa WW Thud that I'm steadily dissasembling so I'll nick the weapons from that.

Wild Weasel forever! Imagine a WW Typhoon...as in Eurofighter....but then again, maybe Hawker.... B)  

SinUnNombre

Zac, I put to do your single-finned Hornet as a wild weasel, since that seems most likely. Also, I've got a great idea on how you can do the left over Fulcrum:
http://web.umr.edu/~rogersda/umrcourses/ge...ed%20MiG-25.jpg

Jon

Brian da Basher

Zac that's looking great! Just please don't load it with "dumb bombs" because I'm sure they'd target my house.  :P

Brian da Basher

P.S. I voted Ground Attack just 'cuz I love the camo schemes!

K5054NZ

Okay, Jon, THANK YOU once again. You have inspired me!

Don't worry Bri, it'll be a Wild Weasel...you don't have any pets do you?  :ph34r:  

Brian da Basher

Quote<snip>
Don't worry Bri, it'll be a Wild Weasel...you don't have any pets do you?  :ph34r:
Just the odd girlfriend now and then Zac!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

Well if you need a hand just call Yates Aviation's Fox Works, and we'll deal with the problem! ;)