A busy weekend

Started by Martin H, January 08, 2006, 01:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

First up the South Vietnam Airforce Hunter FRG-9. circa 1970.

Followed by The Austrian Airforce Hunter FB-9. 1986.

And last but by no means least. A Brittian-Norman UC-30A Defender, serving with the U.S. Army in europe for light transport and general dog's body type work,around 1976.

As u can see all Airfix, with the austrian Hunter and the Defender OOB. the Veitmese Hunter has a few bits out of a Hasagawa weapon set, and the winder rails from the Italeri Sea Harrier, with matchbox Winders.

TTFN
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

K5054NZ

BRAVO! Love that SVN Hunter!

And the Defender....too cool! Great stuff Mart! :cheers:  

Brian da Basher

Niiiiceee Martin! Those are some great looking builds! Love that SVNAF Hunter!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Very cool, Martin.
What is the meaning/history behind the multiple vertical arrows on the first one?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Great stuff, Higgy baby !

I love the SV Hunter.....it's funny, that I never used to like that aeroplane until I built the Revell kit, and now I've got a whole new appreciation for her. And that's one possibility I've never heard of !

As for the Islander, never seen that kit. Always liked the plane, but, you can't beat the Twotter...it's just too Canadian ! But, I guess the Yanks do fly the Skyvan thing...
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Well Martin, those are really nice birds you got here!

:wub:  

K5054NZ

QuoteAs for the Islander, never seen that kit.
Well Cap'n you're in luck - Airfix said they'll reissue the Islander/Defender this year. Joy of joys! I'd love to do a Falkland Islands Government Air Service one  :wub:  :wub: .

AeroplaneDriver

Very nice!!

I love the South Vietnamese one most.  I have an Academy FGR.9 in RAF Vietnam service in the works.

Love the Defender too..such a cool little airplane.

:wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

QuoteAirfix said they'll reissue the Islander/Defender this year.
That is good news, Zav my man ! After reading an article about them in use by over Erie, I'd love to build a few similarily suited to CDN conditions....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

Cool hunters!  I like that South Vietnamese bird.  Where'd you get the decals?

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

NARSES2

Do you ever do single builds Martin or is it always multiples ? :P

Nice builds

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Damian2

Sweet builds there Martin!

I love the Vietnamese Hunter! *thinks to self: Need to build one with napalm tanks*
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Dork the kit slayer

Nice builds Martin....like the Hunters especially the SVAF. :o

My path with that build would have been rocket pods.....but slicks are good :unsure:
Wait until that hunter bloke sees these.............tears before bedtime :D  :D  :D  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

lancer

Bloody beautiful Martin. Like the others, the SVAF Hunter is my fave. Nice work mate.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

Right here we go gents. BTW cheers for the comments.

The red band under the cockpit of the SVNAF Hunter is the unit markings. And the decals came from the Heller Trojan and an ols ESCI decal set that Aircav gave me many moons back (the unit was in fact a skyraider unit according to the info sheet).

I did think about Zuni's on the out board pylons, but i couldnt find any going spare in my stash, so on with the winders instead.

As for the Defender. I built it about 8 years ago, but never finished it. It was going to be as per the kit in Phillipines navy markings, but they crumbled to nothing being so old. It sat on my grave yard pile untill just before xmas, when i dismantled and cleaned it up. And with the Kit due back out, I could now afford to whiff this still rare as rocking horse Sh** kit.
US Army seemed a good idea at the time, and after a bit of double checking, I found that the C-30 designation is (and has been since the 1930's) vacant so there U go The UC-30A.

Nope I dont work in singles Chris. Theres at least 20 kits on the go in the loft at the mo. some are long term hanger queens, others are on the fast track.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.