Bangladeshi Su-34

Started by anthonyp, January 13, 2006, 02:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

Here's a 1/72 Italeri Su-34 done up as an dumb bomb and big rocket carrier for the Air Force of Bangladesh.  It's not in their newer grey scheme because I only had the scheme that came in a Fujimi Mig-21, which was overall silver.  I decided to go retro and just arm it with weapons that don't require too much in the way of electronics.  AA-8's on the wing tips, 8 smaller iron bombs, one larger bomb, and two bombs that became FAE's.

And no, this isn't the start of a massive posting of planes, just these two and the two in the Secret Santa forum.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

anthonyp

anthonyp

hmmm, it was a bit dustier than I thought...

Sisko

Nice job!

What was it like to build? I have that one in the stash to build uo asan RAAF version. :ph34r:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

gooberliberation

QuoteAnd no, this isn't the start of a massive posting of planes, just these two and the two in the Secret Santa forum.
:( Aww darn, ya sure youre not holding out on us? :wub: Oh yeah, what weapons come on the Su-34 kit?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Captain Canada

It's always nice to see an aeroplane strapped with iron....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Amen Cap'n! That's one sleek and dangerous looking Su-34! Love the Bangladeshi markings too!

Brian da Basher

devil505

Did you use paint or foil?
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory..Lasts forever.

Dork the kit slayer

a real "Balti" oven.....well done . :ar:  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

lancer

Teriffic SU34, love the retro look. Got 2 in the stash.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

I used Testor's Metalizer all over this thing.  The shiny silver parts are Aluminum, while the tailpipes are Gunmetal (exhaust is too dark, IMO).

Overall, the kit was fun to build, though the gear and gear doors were a little tricky.  Overall, a nice build.  The kit comes with two AA-11's (that look closer to reality than the ones in the Su-27K kit), two AA-12's (the real treasure since they're so rare), two AS-12's, two AS-15's, and three KAB-1500's.

gooberliberation

QuoteI used Testor's Metalizer all over this thing.  The shiny silver parts are Aluminum, while the tailpipes are Gunmetal (exhaust is too dark, IMO).

Overall, the kit was fun to build, though the gear and gear doors were a little tricky.  Overall, a nice build.  The kit comes with two AA-11's (that look closer to reality than the ones in the Su-27K kit), two AA-12's (the real treasure since they're so rare), two AS-12's, two AS-15's, and three KAB-1500's.
:wub: AA-12s!!! So far those also can only be found on MiG-29SMT kits and expensive/unobtainable weapons sets, right?
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

anthonyp

The only two kits that I know have them are the Italeri Su-34 and the Eastern Express Mig-31M.  Those are some hard missiles to find.

Who makes the Mig-29SMT?

gooberliberation

QuoteThe only two kits that I know have them are the Italeri Su-34 and the Eastern Express Mig-31M.  Those are some hard missiles to find.

Who makes the Mig-29SMT?
The fulcrum is also Eastern Express(on aviapress). At 10usd a pop, its a bit more economical than buying resin ones(like Prop&Jet from linden hill)...8 dollars plus for just two! I'd go broke arming my air force(one of my planes would take no less than 12)

Time for scratchbuilding! Making the missiles out of sharpened sprue is easy enough, I'm not sure how I'd make the cheese grater fins tho.

John Howling Mouse

I especially like the black windscreen framing and anti-glare panel: gives it a very predatory bird look!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.