Main Menu

SuperHog

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2006, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

QuoteI love that tail... :wub:
Just a question: how do you call it? TVT-tail? or Special among T-tails? Special among V-tails? :D
You just came up with the name. TVT. You better put a copyright on that name before I someone else does. B)

You guys are much too kind. Thanks for all the encouragement. Of course, I had to try out the landing gear. Good thing I did, because I've got a CG problem.I don't know why, but it's tail heavy :rolleyes: . I guess I've got to modify the gear a bit. I'm hoping to do a weps mock up tonite.
    Eddie

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Damn!  Don't be suprised if the airfarce actually builds something that great looking...what a fantastic idea.

greg

Eddie M.

Alright, here's a sneak peek at what the weps loadout will be. She's a heavy Mutha!
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Crikey, Eddie: look what you've done to me!   :o

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Wow Eddie, Hogzilla looks like it could start, finish and WIN a war all on its own! Absolutely menacing!

Brian da Basher

proditor

Ya know, it strikes me that the informal nickname of Hogzilla might be "Ex-Lax".

Cuz if I saw that thing coming at me, I know I'd definitely mess my drawers in a hurry...

Looks amazing Eddie!

elmayerle

Now that is my kind of "heavy metal"!!  'Tis a gorgeous beastie, Eddie.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

seavixen

Great model, some excellent ideas. But, just thinking outside the box for a minute. If such a plane existed in the 'real world',  in a nose-up situation, wouldn't the tail experience reduced airflow? The engines would be in the way which might lead to some interesting elevator stalls!

Anyway, as you were!    :P

Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

gooberliberation

Perhaps put endplate fins on the tail?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

nev

QuoteCrikey, Eddie: look what you've done to me!   :o

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Eddie, that is some serious iron you're haulin' there!  :tank:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

anthonyp

Eddie... that is AWESOME!!!!

But for some reason, I want to yell "COOBRRAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" when I look at it.  Looks like the bigger, meaner version of the Rattler.  I like it!   B)

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Ollie

Oh, Megahog sure looks the part more and more...

:wub:  :wub:  

Eddie M.

Alright Gang,
  Here's my problem. This one just keeps given me some questionable vibes and I'm trying to work it out. I've added a bit to the tail and need all y'all's( that was for Capt.Canada ;)  :P ) opinion on this. Keep the additions as is? Shorten them by half? Remove them altogether? Let me know what you think. Yours could be the winning inspiration! ;)  :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

I like the tail as is Mr. Miller! Those drooped-down ends compliment the wings' dihedral nicely and give it a very fearsome appearance.

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

QuoteI like the tail as is Mr. Miller! Those drooped-down ends compliment the wings' dihedral nicely and give it a very fearsome appearance.

Brian da Basher
I agree. After I've stared at it for a while, I'm think of taking some of the width of the elevators out and bring the canted part to the "edge" of the engine, from a head on stand point.
  Eddie  
Look behind you!