Main Menu

SuperHog

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2006, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

It's all personal aesthetics, I suppose.
Me, I would widen the tailfin's chord at the base and use just a 1/2" hint of the anhedral tips for the tailplanes.  With the long downward bends "as is" I keep thinking of gull-wing doors and that they haven't finished unfurling yet.

Then again, it's YFM!!!   ^_^
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteIt's all personal aesthetics, I suppose.
Me, I would widen the tailfin's chord at the base and use just a 1/2" hint of the anhedral tips for the tailplanes.  With the long downward bends "as is" I keep thinking of gull-wing doors and that they haven't finished unfurling yet.

Then again, it's YFM!!!   ^_^
Excellent observation. I realized by posting the pix as is, it would get people thinkin' and that's what I want. B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

PanzerWulff

Can you imagine the amount of LIFT that thing would get off just the TAIL!!!!! :blink: and if the enemy was surrendering to aircraft flying by like in GW1 they would DEFECT on seeing the PRESS RELEASE stating that the "Hogzilla" was being deployed in theatre :huh:  :blink:  
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Shasper

Eddie, think you might need some JATOs to get 'er airborn?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

tinlail

I would suggest that the tail is too close to the wing for the size of the airplane. I would suggest that moving it back (yes I know easier said that done) would relieve the the undersized feel of the tail planes.

ysi_maniac

This machine is intended to kill.
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Ollie

About the wheel fairings, wouldn't it look better if they were just one big fairing instead of two small ones joined together?

:unsure:  :wub:  

cthulhu77

Regarding the wheel wells, I don't know...it might be better to streamline the leading edge so it has one projected point.
 The tail, however, I like the way it is...can you imagine the lift generated by that sucker?  Besides, it looks menacing as get-out.

Eddie M.

QuoteAbout the wheel fairings, wouldn't it look better if they were just one big fairing instead of two small ones joined together?

:unsure:  :wub:
If they have any kind of lottery in the Great White North, you should go get the winning ticket, because you read my mind. I am going to consolidate the fairing into one. I was going to spring that one on y'all later. :)

I think I'm going to shorten the elevators a bit and go with shortened the "droops"a bit as well. This thing is already too tail heavy and I need to lose some weight back there. I am toying with the idea of adding some thick strakes to the bottom of the tail and install chaff/flares dispensers.

Thanks for the ideas Gents!
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Sisko

Hey Eddie been out of the loop for a couple of weeks and I come back and what progress you have made. That is one mean looking mutha!

Lookin good.  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Eddie M.

Thanks for all the input on the tail situation. I've found a config I am happy with and here it is. :) And, yes Man-Ho, it is MFM! ;)  :lol:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Thanks for all the input on the tail situation. I've found a config I am happy with and here it is. :) And, yes Man-Ho, it is MFM!( it took me till today to figure that one out :dum: ) ;)  :lol:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

lancer

QuoteEddie, think you might need some JATOs to get 'er airborn?

Shas B)
These would be Titan 2 RATO units I assume??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Damian2

:wub:  :wub:

Ooooooh man Eddie this is an awesome build!  
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

BlackOps

Dangit Eddie, I can't help it but when I look at the new tail I think of the Easter Bunny!  :lol:  

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.