Main Menu

SuperHog

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2006, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Nice thinking there Mr Miller! This project is coming along swimmingly! Have you decided on camo and markings yet? Or perhaps even the need for spats?

I love spats! :wub:

And I love your Hogzilla too!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Thanks for the other shot, Eddie.
Man, can you imagine this thing coming in on a low rolling pass?

:unsure:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteWhats gonna be the weapons load?

:blink: All gunpods, perhaps?
Here's what I'm planning right now. :)  Maybe a few Mavs here and there.
  Eddie
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...pic=8446&st=135
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

They look like cat scat, but here are the wheel wells. I'll add some more detail as I move along.  ^_^
  Eddie

Look behind you!

BlackOps

I have noticed that Eddie is not happy with a build until it reaches the 50/50 mark
(50% kit and 50% scratch built)  :lol:

Does look like it's coming along nicely, this is gonna be so cool when it's done!  B)  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Cool.  Don't forget the bead wire for internal wiring/hyd lines, etc.

Gonna look very meaty, this bird.   ;)  

Eddie M.

As you may have figured out, I start one project (Orcajet) to cleanse my mind. That clears the cobwebs and helps with other projects. I feel that I've finished the design stage of the Hogzilla. Now, several years of PSR!! ;)  :lol: Here's what I did tonight. I added the gear, "capped" the inboard side of the tailplanes and added strakes for more stability.FIN! :party: Anybody know of a good bodyshop that I can take this and have the bondo/bodywork done? :P  :lol:  
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Oh YES....at over 3500 views, this thread must be one of the site's favorites.

I get so excited whenever I see a new posting by the Master of Kitbashing ™ !

:wub:  :wub:  

Sisko

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!.....................dances a little jig!!! :party:  :party:  :party:

It's back. My favourite Eddie project.

Don't take this as a negative but iis it me or does it seem to be sitting a little high in the rear.

mmmmmm that sounded straighter in my head.  <_<  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

Woah Mr Miller, I love how Hogzilla™ is progressing! You're on your way to building another show-stopper! I love your mods to the tail.

MAAACO™ my a**...looks killer!

Brian da Basher

Shasper

*engineer hat ON*

Eddie, it looks like this thing will break the mains at touchdown due to the past-90* mark they lock at.

*engineer hat OFF*

Looks B***in!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

QuoteWoo Hoo!!!!!!!.....................dances a little jig!!! :party:  :party:  :party:

It's back. My favourite Eddie project.

Don't take this as a negative but iis it me or does it seem to be sitting a little high in the rear.

mmmmmm that sounded straighter in my head.  <_<
You are correct Sir! This thing is very tail heavy, so for now, I've had to extend the gear aft and lower the nose. I'm hoping to fill the two drops with weight and that might solve my problem. I think I'll try to elevate the nose gear as much as I can closer to final assembly One reason I (or 2) I thought of keeping it like this is
1.It won't look as bad with all the hangy downy things on it  
2.With the nose down attitude, it would create drag on rollout to help it slowdown.
Plus I always thought the real thing looked a bit nose down when taxiing, like in this pic I took years ago.
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote*engineer hat ON*

Eddie, it looks like this thing will break the mains at touchdown due to the past-90* mark they lock at.

*engineer hat OFF*

Looks B***in!

Shas B)
Yes, it is very troubling for me at the moment, but I'm thinking of using a Hornet type main gear if I can't resolve the tail weight issue. See, I knew I wasn't fooling anyone. ;)  :)

I also want to thank all of you for your kinds words and encouragement. I was going through one of those completely dry imagination spells and am slowly coming out of it. Thanks again!!! B)  :party:  :cheers:  
  Eddie
Look behind you!

B777LR

QuoteYes, it is very troubling for me at the moment, but I'm thinking of using a Hornet type main gear if I can't resolve the tail weight issue.
Just use the tracks off a 1/35 king tiger :D  

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Engineers, Schmengineers...... Let's hear about the paintwork..... come-on Mr Miller, give !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)