Main Menu

SuperHog

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2006, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuotePlus I always thought the real thing looked a bit nose down when taxiing, like in this pic I took years ago.
  Eddie
I always thought the real thing looked like one of the most bad-donkey planes ever to fly.  Shame about the puny engine noises.

I miss the BUU_UUUUURP! of their gun carrying on the wind from the nearby bombing range, damn Gorbachev *waves fist*

Oh, btw, still looks awesome Eddie :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

I, for one, like the stance: reminds me of an OV-10 Bronco.

Makes it look that much more ready to POUNCE!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

Think I heard about an proposal to refit the 'Hawgs w/ CFM-56s

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

QuoteThink I heard about an proposal to refit the 'Hawgs w/ CFM-56s

Shas B)
CFM-56s are what?  :huh: Please excuse my ignorance. :P
  Eddie
edit; I googled and wooohooo, I found out they're engines. :D  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteI, for one, like the stance: reminds me of an OV-10 Bronco.

Makes it look that much more ready to POUNCE!

:wub:
Thank you for reinforcing my idea about this configuration. Here's an older pic that shows it doesn't look too bad with the ordinance hung. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

elmayerle

QuoteThink I heard about an proposal to refit the 'Hawgs w/ CFM-56s

Shas B)
CFM-56s are what?  :huh: Please excuse my ignorance. :P
  Eddie
edit; I googled and wooohooo, I found out they're engines. :D
More like considerably bigger engines that what poweres the A-10 now.  I think it'd be somewhat extreme overkill, but impressive.  The last I heard, though, they were going to upgrade to a later CF34 version since that engine had grown well beyond what the military TF34s can do.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Shasper

Maybe thats what I read Ev, All I can 'member off the top of m' head at the moment was the C and F in the engine lable.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

Here's the Hog in it's natural element....mud! :lol:  PSR has begun. I think I've solved my tail weight issue. I stuffed a more soldering wire in the forward fuselage. :P
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Saw a 1976 Datsun that looked like this, once!!   ^_^  

Eddie M.

A little PSR got done this morning. We're off to the Renaissance Festival for the day. Turkey legs and armor. Gotta love it!
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteSuch appropriate "tusks" for Hog-zilla.  This one almost cries out for noseart that uses a mouth complete with tusks.
In my best DeNiro voice from Taxi Driver,"You lookin' at me?"

Just a quick update. Some fine Gentlemen over at FSM are working on some hog face decals for this bad boy. It looks like I'll be putting a face on this one that only a mother could love. :P  ;)  :lol:

Also, If you'd like to continue to follow this build, I'll be doing updates over at the Phoenix GB. :)
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...showtopic=12992
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

A major milestone has been reached with this build. I've got the majority of PSR done to my satisfaction and the engines are on for good. No looking back from here. ;)  :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

BlackOps

You know you could still add three more engines as a top row  :lol:

Lookin' good Eddie, I cant wait to see her once she gets some paint on her!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Wow it's great to see an update on this amazing project, Mr Miller! Any idea what kind of camo and markings she'll wear?

Brian da Basher