Main Menu

SuperHog

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2006, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing paint hit styrene too!  Standard Hog scheme, something exotic like the JAWs, Snowhog, Peanut or Flipper schemes or something completley different?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

The tail looks like spoilers you see on those lime green glass fiber "pimped" subaru cars (or should i say, ugly? :lol: )

QuoteMore like considerably bigger engines that what poweres the A-10 now. I think it'd be somewhat extreme overkill, but impressive. The last I heard, though, they were going to upgrade to a later CF34 version since that engine had grown well beyond what the military TF34s can do.

To be precise, its the engines the KC-135 and C-17 use :rolleyes:  

Shasper

Wrong Trip-7, the 135Rs have CFM56s, while the Stubbys sport the PW F117s as seen on the B757s, there is no specified engine upgrade currently for the A-10, however many ideas were kicked around due to the new engine pylons the fleet is getting under the A-10C program. If a engine upgrade is in the cards, it'll happen after the fleet is PET.

KC-135R on Global Securities

C-17 on FAS.org

A-10C on Global Securities

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

B777LR

:dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:

Do it simple and use both engine pylons to fit a single GE-90-115B :D  :lol:  :ar:  

elmayerle

Militarized versions of some fo the later-mdoel CF34's would make sense, adding power and reliability without going beyond what the airframe can take.  If one needed more power than that, a high-bypass engine based on the F404 might be the answer, much as the CFM56 is a high-bypass engine based on the F101/F110 family.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Eddie M.

Just like most of my builds, there comes a time when I get frustrated. So, like the Pusher, I've primed it to help me move forward. I can get a better feel for the direction that "we" want to go. Here's the new look....
  Eddie

Look behind you!

BlackOps

Eddie, the primer coat really brings it all together...I hope your not still frustrated because that is one badass mamajamma!  :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Hate to criticize  <_<  but I must be honest:  the primer coat does not reveal nearly as many flaws as it should at this point on a subject that is this complex in terms of kitbashing bits and pieces together.  

Your license to knit, Sir, is hereby REVOKED.   :mellow:

Dept. of Silly Compliments and Sycophantic Agitation
Canada West Division
[size=8]"Semper Silly"[/size]
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

Nice to see progress on this one Eddie.

Really looks the goods!

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

retro_seventies

just makes me glad that i'm not a tank.  :wub:  :wub:

well, that and the fact that if i was a tank i'd have to have 3 soldiers inside me to go to work (and honestly, that just doesn't appeal).  :ph34r:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Shasper

Quote[size=8]"Semper Silly"[/size]
Think it should be "Semper Lunaticus"  ;)  :lol:

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

cthulhu77

Utter Shiite.  That is way to perfect. Come on, how am I supposed to think of this as a what if?

You, sir, are offending my american sense of sarcasm.

B777LR

Coooolllll!

Eddie, can you show us some pictures of those rockets in the background please :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Eddie M.

Thank you gents, but there are flaws all over this thing. As a matter of, I should call it the Flawzilla! ;)  :lol:

I fixed the tail dragging issue. 2 oz. of fishing weight in the nose! I add a couple of F-15 main gear struts to the existing Hog gear and it seem to work out.

B777LR, here's those rockets. These are many years old and it shows. I bought the kit so I could have the Saturn V. that's one badass piece of machinery! B)
  Eddie
P.S. It seems I'm no longer the Model Whisperer?

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

QuoteP.S. It seems I'm no longer the Model Whisperer?
You may well remain "The Model Whisperer" but, you gotta admit, the new appellation is equally appropriate.   ;)

And it beats "Doctor Styrenekenstein"
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.