Main Menu

SuperHog

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2006, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

QuoteThank you All for your support. B) As I'm putting it back to gether, I'm making the changes that I needed to do before. One is to bring the guns back so I can get this nose art on without obstruction.
   Eddie

I'd put a blast plate on the fuselage so the skin of the nose doesn't get turned to tinfoil Just an observation they did it with the nose mounted gunpacks on B-26's and B-25's in WWII and those were only .50Cal guns
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Eddie M.

Thank you All very much! I am humbled by your enthusiasm. i'm painting the wheel wells and should have some pix up before I hit the rack. :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here is the nose well and then the wells painted along with the rear end (or the turtleback as I call it) after reconstruction and PSR. I hope to start the painting this weekend. :thumbsup:
   Eddie

Look behind you!

HOG

Hi Eddie,
Glad to see it`s coming together even betterer than before.
Your going where braver and bigger men would have cried, or at least said "oh bugger"
:D
Gary[8-]
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Eddie M.

Thanks Gary! B) I've finally started thinking about the paint. Here's an idea I had to deal with all the curves and angles on this one. I used foil with holes in it to give me a type of camo. If I used it, I would have more spots to add. Next, I'm going to try some sponge work to see what I get. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Woah that's an absolutely killer idea for camo, Mr Miller! I can just see Hogzilla with a nice sand base and that cool splotchy camo all over it. Undersides in hemp would really add to it I think.

Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

Foil with holes eh? That's a pretty good idea! I might just try that next time i've got to do something with luftwaffe spots
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Eddie M.

QuoteFoil with holes eh? That's a pretty good idea! I might just try that next time i've got to do something with luftwaffe spots
Yep, since I'm not good with the A/B yet, I have to come up with different ideas. I took a piece of foil and form fit it to the a/c. Using a marker, outline the a/c then remove. Straighten the foil out and on a soft surface, poke holes in it. When you're done, fit it back to the outline and tape it underneath to hold it in place.
 Eddie
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Eddie, I think the paint idea is pretty cool, I used to use a hole punch in a peice of cardstock but the foil sounds like it would be easier.

By the way Hogzilla got a few Kudos over at the StarshipModeler site too :)

STARSHIP MODELER HOGZILLA THREAD
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie, I think the paint idea is pretty cool, I used to use a hole punch in a peice of cardstock but the foil sounds like it would be easier.

By the way Hogzilla got a few Kudos over at the StarshipModeler site too :)

STARSHIP MODELER HOGZILLA THREAD
Thank you Black Ops. I've registered over there to give my thanks as well. :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Well, son of a b.....  what a great idea for camo!  Eddie, you just solved a major obstacle!  First round is on me! :cheers:

Eddie M.

QuoteWell, son of a b.....  what a great idea for camo!  Eddie, you just solved a major obstacle!  First round is on me! :cheers:
Thank you! I prefer my Red Bull on the rocks. :) Armament is almost done. There might be a bit of a change to carry more drops, as this crazy issue of fuel consumption keeps coming up. It might be that I hang 4 drops and add some Sidewinders instead of napalm or iron bombs. I sure wouldn't want this to look unrealistic, right? ;)  :lol:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Still chippin' away at the stone. Got the office done. The pilot is the one that came from the old F-4 I'm using in the Hornet/Phantom hybrid build.
  Eddie
Look behind you!

mgp

QuoteYep, since I'm not good with the A/B yet, I have to come up with different ideas. I took a piece of foil and form fit it to the a/c. Using a marker, outline the a/c then remove. Straighten the foil out and on a soft surface, poke holes in it. When you're done, fit it back to the outline and tape it underneath to hold it in place.

Have you thought about using Silly Putty/Blue Tack to do your masking? It's fantastic for doing odd shapes and curved surfaces and depending on how you spray, you get hard edges or soft edges.
Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite

Shasper

Hawgzilla in a JAWS type scheme? Dude you are a brave one ;)  :thumbsup:

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.