Main Menu

SuperHog

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2006, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Nice front office, Mr Miller! It's great to see Hogzilla coming back to life!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Damian2

Eddie when I grow up will I be a modeller like you??

Cudos on an awesome office, my little pilot dude for my F-39 just had a double amputation and butt work to get him in...poor chap...
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Eddie M.

QuoteYep, since I'm not good with the A/B yet, I have to come up with different ideas. I took a piece of foil and form fit it to the a/c. Using a marker, outline the a/c then remove. Straighten the foil out and on a soft surface, poke holes in it. When you're done, fit it back to the outline and tape it underneath to hold it in place.

Have you thought about using Silly Putty/Blue Tack to do your masking? It's fantastic for doing odd shapes and curved surfaces and depending on how you spray, you get hard edges or soft edges.
That is an excellent idea. I do have some blue tack here, but not nearly enough. Right now, I'm getting a little infatuated with doing somekind of Ferris scheme in multi shades of gray. All my paint decisions are driven by the nose art decal and how best to make it stand out.
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie when I grow up will I be a modeller like you??

Cudos on an awesome office, my little pilot dude for my F-39 just had a double amputation and butt work to get him in...poor chap...
You are modeler like me! If you want to get an idea of how I operate, all you need is a little peyote and a sweat lodge and you get all the visions you need. ;)  :lol:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Damian2

QuoteYou are modeler like me! If you want to get an idea of how I operate, all you need is a little peyote and a sweat lodge and you get all the visions you need. ;)  :lol:

Eddie
A-HA!  :rolleyes:

Now I see where  I've been going wrong! Here I was sniffing thinners fumes and huffing Tamiya extra thin. Doh I should have seen it all along :P
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

HOG

`foil with holes`
`Foil...... with holes`
`FOIL WITH HOLES!!!!!`

We spend days researching the latest paintsticks.

We spend a bloody fortune buying a bloody paintstick, compressor, water trap etc.

Hours and hours, weeks we spend practising, ruining our latest masterpiece when it spurts when it should have splutterd, trying to find a paint that will give a nice 8H pencil thin line when thinned down to the consistency of diluted water at a low enough pressure that seems like it`s sucking in instead of blowing out........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... And he discovers BLOODY FOIL WITH HOLES..................BAH!!!!!!

Nice one Ed, now I`ve not only got `millerized` I`ve got FWH as a method :lol:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

bluntie

Right ! thats it!! i'm off to dig all those fiats and macchi's out of the stash!!
bloody brilliant idea :cheers:  
my hovercraft is full of eels

Eddie M.

I appreciate everyone's kudos on this idea, but really, it came about do to laziness. :lol: I didn't want to got through all the hassle of using the A/B for unknown results, so I sat and stared at the wall for a few days until this came around. Okay, not 3 days,but at least for a few minutes ;) . I got my inspiration from a soft mask technique I saw in FSM mag some years ago. :)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Well, it sure as heck works!!!! :cheers:

Eddie M.

Well, it definitely moving at a faster pace these days. Got the cockpit buttoned up and the second primer coat on.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

elmayerle

Gorgeous, Eddie!!  *sicker* Showing my age, here, for some reason I keep thinking of a counter-culture comix character from the 1960s, "Wonder Warthog".
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Brian da Basher

This is what The Punisher's™ "guy in the van™" wishes he could trade his wheels in for! Excellent Mr Miller!
:salute:
Brian da Basher

lancer

Amazing work Eddie.... :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  I salute the master. Oh and thanks for the Foil with Holes method. I was doing it with paper but not as effective. I am now adding 'Bacofoil' to my arsenal of modelling tools.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Absolutely gorgeous
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

You guys are great! Thank you! Painting has begun. I used a big mirror to lay the tape out and use a straight edge and razor to cut in lenghts that would gum up my sisorrs(SP? :wacko: ) My foil idea will have to wait for my next P-40. I'm going with some sort of splinter/ferris scheme that caught me eye.
  Eddie

Look behind you!